Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Animal Crossing New Horizons

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed May 06, 2020 7:08 pm

Jocelyn has been playing this the past 3 days while Evie watches. Jocelyn has gone from feeling bored because there's nothing to do, to there's so much to do it's overwhelming. They just bought their house. Haven't locked the pole vault but haven't gone over at the river yet. museum guy is fully set up and asking for specimens. They won a ticket to go on the plane ride. Raccoon wants her to build a bigger store.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Wed May 06, 2020 7:58 pm

here's the global pandemic we need to be watching out for.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sat May 09, 2020 9:44 am

We also have it and it only gets worse glass. Don't forget to log in every Sunday morning to buy turnips

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Animal Crossing New Horizons

Postby Tyler » Sat May 09, 2020 3:40 pm

bmyoungs wrote:We also have it and it only gets worse glass. Don't forget to log in every Sunday morning to buy turnips

From Tom's Nook or whatever? I think I heard them saying they upgraded that today and it reopens tomorrow.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sat May 09, 2020 3:55 pm

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:We also have it and it only gets worse glass. Don't forget to log in every Sunday morning to buy turnips

From Tom's Nook or whatever? I think I heard them saying they upgraded that today and it reopens tomorrow.
Oh so you'll have to go around the island and find the traveling girl who sells them. Then starting on Monday you can sell them back at new nook store that opens. Prices change at midnight and noon so you just have to go back until you find the best price. Turnips go bad after 7 days so you have to sell them during the week.

Best I did was bought at 90 and sold at 158. There are sites that have data mined the price possibilities so you can log current prices and it will give you the estimates.

wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat May 09, 2020 5:48 pm

This all sounds ridiculous.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sat May 09, 2020 5:48 pm

wags83 wrote:This all sounds ridiculous.
It is Chris

Tyler
Owner

Re: Animal Crossing New Horizons

Postby Tyler » Sat May 09, 2020 9:32 pm

I had no idea you were buying them to flip. That's great. Jocelyn is going to be so excited to spend mother's day playing this game
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Sun May 10, 2020 9:31 am

People usually try to sell turnips when prices are in 500 range. Asking for island codes to travel to other islands to sell when prices are good or opening their island when they have good prices.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 am

The girls have logged "over 40 hours" to the main Switch account. I can't seem to pull stats off of Evie's profile. Maybe because it's not link to a Nintendo account? Would Jocleyns profile include Evie's profile's hours?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue May 26, 2020 2:12 pm

I know Nintendo only allows one island per switch regardless of accounts. I'm not sure how that affects hours.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Animal Crossing New Horizons

Postby Tyler » Tue May 26, 2020 2:14 pm

DannyFanny wrote:I know Nintendo only allows one island per switch regardless of accounts. I'm not sure how that affects hours.
I know some people don't like that, but it works really well for us. Jocelyn can grow the island and Evie can benefit from it without actually contributing. Although, Evie was nice and built every resident a camp fire and placed it outside their front door.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Tue May 26, 2020 2:57 pm

I don't understand why it's a thing honestly. I started an island before realizing Sarah and I couldn't have our own and visit each other's. We aren't as likely to mess up the others stuff on a shared island.

Now that Marshall is back at daycare though it barely gets played.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue May 26, 2020 3:04 pm

I read this is how multiplayer has worked in all the other games. In some forms of animal crossing you even had to share a house with all local profiles. I guess it's a way for Nintendo to get you to buy 2 copies of the game?

Like I said, it's actually a benefit for us since one of the players can't really do anything on their own. But it would be annoying to share an island if there were 2 actual players using it. I assume you'll get a divorce over island teraforming
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Tue May 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Tyler wrote:I read this is how multiplayer has worked in all the other games. In some forms of animal crossing you even had to share a house with all local profiles. I guess it's a way for Nintendo to get you to buy 2 copies of the game?

Like I said, it's actually a benefit for us since one of the players can't really do anything on their own. But it would be annoying to share an island if there were 2 actual players using it. I assume you'll get a divorce over island teraforming

You'd have to buy 2 switches for this one though since save file is on console.

Either way I think the game has mostly run its course for us.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri May 29, 2020 11:20 am

Evie's house stresses me out

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”