Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Westworld - s02e04

Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e04

Postby Tyler » Mon May 14, 2018 7:37 am

Couldn't watch last night because HBO Go didn't work on any of my devices :( Will hopefully see it tonight.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld - s02e04

Postby Tyler » Mon May 14, 2018 8:41 pm

At least they didn't string that mystery along all season. A lot to unpack that episode.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e04

Postby Tyler » Tue May 15, 2018 7:05 am

Highlight of the season so far. This episode was on a whole other level compared to the first 3. No Dolores in this one to bog things down either. I also like how the show is answering more questions in rapid session while still leaving the overall mystery of the season (Ford's plan and what happened in that 2 week window) up in the air.

Everything with Delos was awesome. I didn't realize the Delos we saw was a host until William handed him the piece of paper. We didn't see it then, but I figured it had an exact script of the conversation they just had. It was so sad to see Delos come to terms that he had died and all of his loved ones. There was also a split second scene of a woman in a tub with cut wrists. I think MIB's story of his wife taking the wrong pills was way of saying she killed herself without getting into the gory details.

Bernard and Elsie stuff was a mind trip. Elsie seems smart, she should know that Ford being dead doesn't change any programming that he put into Bernard. That should be no reinsurance that Bernard is now on your side. Elsie said she turned Bernard's pain tolerance off, but later said it is going to hurt when she sticks him with the needle.

Some legit spooky parks when Elsie and Bernard went into Delos's old holding tank. Speaking again of Delos, why did he keep failing, but yet Mauve seems woke? Is it because Mauve was built from the ground up whereas Delos was trying to be "cloned" from a human?

Who's brain ball is that?! Ford or MIB is my guess.

There was some evidence of timeline stuff, but I will post that in the other thread.

Aging William into MIB
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e04

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:46 am

So, this is essentially saying that even if the others escape, that after awhile, without being wiped, all the hosts will go crazy right? Or is that just because it was like a human/host hybrid thinger.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Westworld - s02e04

Postby Tyler » Tue May 15, 2018 10:51 am

cwilkins88 wrote:So, this is essentially saying that even if the others escape, that after awhile, without being wiped, all the hosts will go crazy right? Or is that just because it was like a human/host hybrid thinger.
I think it's the 2nd part? You can't copy a person because they go mad, but maybe you can create an original one?
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Re: RE: Westworld - s02e04

Postby Tyler » Tue May 15, 2018 11:45 am

Tyler wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:So, this is essentially saying that even if the others escape, that after awhile, without being wiped, all the hosts will go crazy right? Or is that just because it was like a human/host hybrid thinger.
I think it's the 2nd part? You can't copy a person because they go mad, but maybe you can create an original one?
After thinking about it, the first part could be true too. Robot Delos went crazy after 30 days. We have only seen the hosts woke for like 2 weeks. Maybe they will start going crazy just like he did.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e04

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:
After thinking about it, the first part could be true too. Robot Delos went crazy after 30 days. We have only seen the hosts woke for like 2 weeks. Maybe they will start going crazy just like he did.

I could see it being either way. Would definitely throw a wrench into delores/wyatt/boring lady plans.

Return to “Westworld”