Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Westworld (1973) movie

megatron

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby megatron » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Tyler wrote:Based on PlexPy, Corey and/or Meg made it 4 minutes into this movie before turning it off. I am guessing it was during the opening "commercial" for Delos and they shut it off because they thought the whole movie was going to have that horrible aspect ratio.

The movie actually quit on us so we downloaded it on ours and watched the whole thing. I thought it would help me understand the show more but it did not. There seems to be different rules when it comes to hosts and guests.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:25 pm

megatron wrote:Source of the post I thought it would help me understand the show more but it did not.

It probably would have helped before starting the series, but with the show 3 episodes in now they have established a lot of their own rules
itscsalvo

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby itscsalvo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:34 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Since people who haven't seen the movie won't care, I am putting this here

HBO's 'Westworld' won't visit Romanworld, Medievalworld or other themed areas in the park at all in Season One

MedievalWorld? Wouldn't it be awesome if they did a Game of Thrones crossover episode?
Tyler
Owner

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:05 am

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post MedievalWorld? Wouldn't it be awesome if they did a Game of Thrones crossover episode?

Would that blow peoples' minds or piss them off if they learned everyone in GoT is a robot?
itscsalvo

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby itscsalvo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:17 am

Yeah, I think it might piss a lot of people off. I, for one, don't think it could ever happen since no main character is on a daily "loop". However, it'd be awesome at the end of the series for someone like Tyrion to go to MedievalWorld and choose to start an adventure.
CrckrJack

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

omg!!! they could have this be one of those end of the series "let's poke fun at a fan theory", like they did with Breaking Bad/Malcolm in the Middle.
CrckrJack

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:09 am

Like show whoever is still alive at the very end of GoT come out of Medieval world and be like "holy crap, that was the best day of my life" literally 1 day. all of GoT. 1 IRL day
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:30 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Like show whoever is still alive at the very end of GoT come out of Medieval world and be like "holy crap, that was the best day of my life" literally 1 day. all of GoT. 1 IRL day

It should be an after credit scene. It would be amazing.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:06 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post omg!!! they could have this be one of those end of the series "let's poke fun at a fan theory", like they did with Breaking Bad/Malcolm in the Middle.

Agreed. It would make a fun internet video, just don't incorporate it into the actual show.
itscsalvo

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby itscsalvo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:52 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Like show whoever is still alive at the very end of GoT come out of Medieval world and be like "holy crap, that was the best day of my life" literally 1 day. all of GoT. 1 IRL day

Jokes on you! No one is alive at the end.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Finally watched this over the course of three nights. Not that it's a long movie, just didn't want to devote the time to watch it all at once... Mainly Maria didn't want to watch it with me.

I would have liked it more if they added an ambiguous ending after the main guy saved the girl who was chained up. Now I can watch the show. I'll force Maria to watch that with me so I can stay caught up.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:01 pm

Also we can watch the sequel Futureworld sometime. It takes place a few years after Westworld but is in an entirely different area of the park. Hmm... sounds like I've heard this plot before...
Tyler
Owner

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:49 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Also we can watch the sequel Futureworld sometime. It takes place a few years after Westworld but is in an entirely different area of the park. Hmm... sounds like I've heard this plot before...

Haha. Might be something to watch during the off season, but I think that film is universally hated.
itscsalvo

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby itscsalvo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:11 pm

So I finally watched this. My two cents:
- The Gunslinger character was mega creepy.
- I don't get why some of the robots opened their eyes and they were glowing. Was that to show the 1970s crowd that they were, indeed, robots?
- The movie is really slow, and only part way entertaining in the very beginning (explaining the parks) and towards the end.
- I shouldn't have watched the movie now, after we're halfway done with the first season of Westworld. I kept comparing it, and it was incredibly unfair.
- The main scientist guy said this, and I think it's important: "Some of the robots were made by other computers, so we don't even know how they work."
- The main scientists guy's name.... ARNOLD. j/k
Tyler
Owner

Westworld (1973) movie

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:24 am

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post The main scientists guy's name.... ARNOLD. j/k

Haha. I was going to be shocked no one made this connection
itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post The movie is really slow, and only part way entertaining in the very beginning (explaining the parks) and towards the end.

Yes. There is a lot of fluff in the middle, especially with the other parks.
itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post I shouldn't have watched the movie now, after we're halfway done with the first season of Westworld. I kept comparing it, and it was incredibly unfair.

I could see that. Probably best to watch it before starting the series or never at all?
itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post The main scientist guy said this, and I think it's important: "Some of the robots were made by other computers, so we don't even know how they work."

That's just because people were dumb in the 70's
itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post I don't get why some of the robots opened their eyes and they were glowing. Was that to show the 1970s crowd that they were, indeed, robots?
See reason above

Return to “Westworld”