I don't understand the hate for Logan?

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:48 am

This is from Reddit, but Wilkins and I had the same convo earlier this week.
The way he acts comes off as cruel to both the viewer and William but in reality if you look at it from his perspective, he's not doing anything really 'bad'.
He's just a guy who's experienced the park before and is trying to show it to his mate. Of course he is going to be pissed that William is, in his opinion, wasting time doing silly bounty hunter quests or 'falling for the girl' because its inefficient.
If you've ever played an MMO like world of warcraft or runescape you'll be familliar with this feeling, by your second or third playthrough/character you really don't give a fuck about the 'starter quests' and you just want them over as fast as possible so you can get to the 'good part' of the game. This feeling is amplified when you're playing with a friend and he goes off to do the shitty non efficient quests/ activities when you want to get straight to the action.
Secondly, he honestly believes that they hosts are nothing more than robots who have no mental capabilities beyond what they have been programmed to do. He doesn't know that they have the ability to feel and actually remember things. To him its as though he's playing GTA or something, why should he give a fuck if he kills some random npc or an innocent man. He's literally been assured that none of what he is doing has any negative effects on anybody, especially the robots he's doing it to.
It is presented as a game and Logan believes it to be that, he's not a dick for playing it any way he wants to. We just think he's a dick because we know that the hosts to in fact retain memories and feel to some extent, which Logan is entirely oblivious to.
tylersucks

Postby tylersucks » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:14 am

But DO they feel pain, or is it just a programmed response to a physical interaction?
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:19 am

I would be Logan.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:21 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I would be Logan.

Haha, right. Logan is having the most fun. When you play GTA you don't follow traffic rules, you destroy the world because that's fun.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:50 am

Every time William is on the screen I turn to Kathryn and call him a p****
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:55 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Every time William is on the screen I turn to Kathryn and call him a p****

He's the white hat!!! But yes p*** is a synonym.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:13 am

From Reddit again. Good points.

William is a massive piece of shit
Seriously, everything he has done so far is so enraging. His GFs brother takes him on this awesome 40k/day trip so they would bond more before William marries Logans sister. They go drinking/partying/fucking but William refuses to participate.
Then William decided to go on a shitty bounty side quest and guilts Logan into going with him saying ''I can go alone, you don't have to come''. Logan goes with him anyways because he is a nice guy and wants to be friendly to William. William starts falling for a fucking robot lady, even tho his fiancees brother is right there. Logan gets captured and is later tortured and actually getting physically hurt, William refuses to rescue him, instead runs away with the robot lady, making out with her, all while his human fiancees brother is getting tortured. Logan rescues himself, finds William, tries to show him that this place is getting to his head, shows that William is in love with a fucking machine. Instead of being angry, he forgives him, unties him, offers a drink and says it's fine, this place can take over your head, and promises not to talk about what happened in this park, so he wouldn't ruin the relationship William has with his sister. Instead of William being like ''Shit man, you are right, thanks for being forgiving and not telling anyone this'', he kills all of Logans men, and puts a fucking knife to his throat Seriously, fuck william
tylersucks

Postby tylersucks » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:44 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Seriously, fuck william

Dude seems like a total pussy. I wouldn't be friends with him.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:26 am

tylersucks wrote:Source of the post

But you're okay being friends with Tyler and Dan?
tylersucks

Postby tylersucks » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:36 am

cwilkins88 wrote:
tylersucks wrote:Source of the post

But you're okay being friends with Tyler and Dan?

thats more like a forced relationship. I'm for sure not okay with it!
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Did anyone else get really confused thinking this thread was about the new Wolverine movie?
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:38 pm

Wallinguana wrote:Did anyone else get really confused thinking this thread was about the new Wolverine movie?

Yes
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:43 pm

This. I thought this the entire time I was watching. Logan gets it and tries so hard to bring William back to sanity but William just keeps being a dickfor.

Return to “Westworld”