Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Westworld s01e05

Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:00 pm

That greyhound story is about Ford, right? He is the dog and he was chasing sentient robots, now that he's done that he doesn't know what to do. Actually, it is probably Arnold.

Ah! Logan is giving away so much back story. Arnold killed himself and Logan's company might buy the park because it's not profitable?!

Goosebumps when Dolores said "he doesn't know"!
itscsalvo

Westworld s01e05

Postby itscsalvo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Holy shit. This show just keeps getting better and better.

Also, good to get some background on Logan and William a bit.

And that ending. God damn. It's going to be hard to wait a week.
itscsalvo

Westworld s01e05

Postby itscsalvo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:45 pm

Also, gonna throw this out there... Theory: man in black is Logan's father. They work for the same company.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:31 am

-Dolores passed out during the parade and "woke up" in a dream with Ford. Was she physically taken to the Delos HQ or are these interviews happening remotely? Same when she ran up to William a couple episodes ago and camped out with him, did she sneak out in the middle of the night for an interview or did it happen while she was sleeping next to the fire?
-Dolores is going full on Ex Machina towards William. She doesn't have feelings for him, she is using him for her own benefits.
-I like seeing Lawrence/El Lazo's loop get reset after he was killed. Now we know why he was the most wanted man of Westworld.
-Ford used cheat codes to unlock Healthy Teddy
-What is Ford, MiB, and Arnold's relationship? Ford wants MiB to get to the maze out of curiosity, he doesnt know what it is because Arnold built it?
-Is Felix actually going to tell Maeve what she is?! I am curious about how much Maeve remembers from her blazing glory death. It seems like she remembered it all and set up this whole thing, but how?

When this show started filming in 2015 the contract the extras had to sign caught a lot of internet buzz, specifically for how graphic some of the details were around simulated sex. I think this episode was why that contract was made.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:08 pm

El Lazo means "The Noose" or "The Lasso" in Spanish. Fitting since he has that around his neck the entire time with MiB
CrckrJack

Westworld s01e05

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:59 am

Those are some good questions Tyler.

I liked this episode a lot. My favorite part was when Dolores changed her outfit out of that FUGLY ASS BLUE DRESS. omg so ugly. Do you think guests could die to asphixiation (when the union guy was choking Logan)?

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Dolores passed out during the parade and "woke up" in a dream with Ford. Was she physically taken to the Delos HQ or are these interviews happening remotely?

I hate the jumping that these sometimes do. Like does William not try looking for her that night? And then she just shows up in the morning? Why did they even remove her from the park if there was nothing wrong with her? A lot of annoying questions stick in my head when they do it and I just turn all of them off.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Dolores is going full on Ex Machina towards William. She doesn't have feelings for him, she is using him for her own benefits.

I don't think I am a huge fan of this happening, but I am okay with it.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post What is Ford, MiB, and Arnold's relationship?

This is easily my favorite subplot in the show. Everything Ed Harris does is really interesting and fun, imo.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Is Felix actually going to tell Maeve what she is?! I am curious about how much Maeve remembers from her blazing glory death. It seems like she remembered it all and set up this whole thing, but how?

Couldn't he very easily just tell her to turn off? He should report it to the behavior girl, at least. Also wtf is he doing with the bird? He is just resetting it??
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:11 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post My favorite part was when Dolores changed her outfit out of that FUGLY ASS BLUE DRESS.

She looked so much better in pants and a button down.
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Do you think guests could die to asphixiation (when the union guy was choking Logan)?

No. I assume the host would have stopped after Logan was passed out.
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Couldn't he very easily just tell her to turn off? He should report it to the behavior girl, at least.

I'm not sure. If she is able to wake herself out of her sleep mode maybe she can ignore voice commands?
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Also wtf is he doing with the bird? He is just resetting it??

He wants a promotion. He is trying to prove himself as a "coder" to get into a better department.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld s01e05

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:45 am

Does anyone else have trouble getting invested, because nothing really matters? Except for the guests, but even then, not really, until the robots can kill them.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:55 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Does anyone else have trouble getting invested, because nothing really matters? Except for the guests, but even then, not really, until the robots can kill them.

Nope. I even screamed when Lawrence was killed even though I knew he wasn't actually killed...because he isn't alive...because he is a robot.
CrckrJack

Westworld s01e05

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:57 am

I am pretty invested. I don't really care all that much about analyzing the episodes, but today I have nothing to do at work and I am going to become deeply invested in them and the analysis of the show.

This whole two timeline theory is so annoying. It would have been so great if Ford had called the MiB by his name so that it would prove/disprove it.
bmyoungs

Westworld s01e05

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:33 am

I'm not big into analyzing this show, but I love reading other peoples theories.

Not a fan of the dual timeline theory.

I was so happy when Dolores became a bad ass.
Watson2000

Westworld s01e05

Postby Watson2000 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:36 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Does anyone else have trouble getting invested, because nothing really matters? Except for the guests, but even then, not really, until the robots can kill them.

Nope...it's called foreplay Chris...look it up... :whistle:
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:45 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Not a fan of the dual timeline theory.

But we've seen in the present timeline that she goes back to being a softy when her day resets.
bmyoungs

Westworld s01e05

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:54 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Not a fan of the dual timeline theory.

But we've seen in the present timeline that she goes back to being a softy when her day resets.

Her day or story? Her story won't reset while she is with William on his quest. If she dies/services no longer needed she will start over. At least she will be a bad ass for a bit longer
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:57 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Her day or story? Her story won't reset while she is with William on his quest. If she dies/services no longer needed she will start over. At least she will be a bad ass for a bit longer

Haha. I was just being a jerk about 2 timeline theory.
If Dolores is a badass with William in the past something goes wrong and she becomes a softy later.

Ugh... there can't be 2 timelines. Dolores shoots the milk bandit, while doing this she has flashbacks to MiB. She then runs and finds William. How can she have a flashback to MiB if she is in a timeline from 30 years ago?
CrckrJack

Westworld s01e05

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 pm

Okay. I believe that the dual timeline theory is a load of shit.

1. The robots are never robots in William and Logan's timeline -- this is the biggest flaw in dual timeline. the MiB even talks about how they used to be robots, but turned them more lifelike and in William's timeline they are human-like. I feel like this isn't even arguable, but believers in the dual timeline argue that "they switched from robots in the 5 years prior to William coming to the park!" which is just... the dumbest fucking argument I have ever seen.

I'm not even going to write in more things that contradict dual timeline because people that believe in dual timeline just come up with these crazy ass ways that get it to fit their narrative (crazy editing, mostly).
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:09 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Okay. I believe that the dual timeline theory is a load of shit.

1. The robots are never robots in William and Logan's timeline -- this is the biggest flaw in dual timeline. the MiB even talks about how they used to be robots, but turned them more lifelike and in William's timeline they are human-like. I feel like this isn't even arguable, but believers in the dual timeline argue that "they switched from robots in the 5 years prior to William coming to the park!" which is just... the dumbest fucking argument I have ever seen.

This post explains the same thing, but with pictures! http://imgur.com/a/Ny4JQ
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:07 pm

Not really a new timeline, but the talk with Ford and old Bill is probably the same talk that happened in s01e01. This talk is just before Bernard comes and interrupts them.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld s01e05

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:15 pm

In the scene between MiB and Ford they talked about Arnold dying and trying to take the park down with him. MiB said he stopped they from happening. I wonder if he gave them money to prevent this or did he physically do something in the park?
wags83

Westworld s01e05

Postby wags83 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:25 pm

So I'm up through episode 5 and super confused about some things. I haven't been reading this forum but I may start looking back to see some of the theories.

I can't tell if Anthony Hopkins is a robot or if he's actually the Arnold person everyone has been talking about, or what. Also Delores's story is strange, are there a bunch of her? I feel like I'm getting paranoid that a lot of the behind the scenes park workers are also robots.

Return to “Westworld”