Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Size of park

Tyler
Owner

Size of park

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:21 am

Not a tin foil hat theory, just an observation.

I know a technician has said before that there are 1,400 guests in the park. I also feel like a 10:1 bot to guest ratio has been discussed, but I can't remember. Sweetwater seems to be the main hub of Westworld and where the guests are dropped off. I found it interesting that Pariah (the town shown this week) seemed to be way bigger than Sweetwater and a majority of the guests will never travel there.

It also seemed like it took Logan/William 2 full days of traveling to get there.

Unrelated note. If you went to Westworld to experience Maeve and her workers (wink wink) it would totally be worth your time to travel to Pariah and visit that club instead.
CrckrJack

Size of park

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:55 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Unrelated note. If you went to Westworld to experience Maeve and her workers (wink wink) it would totally be worth your time to travel to Pariah and visit that club instead.

fersure
itscsalvo

Size of park

Postby itscsalvo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:46 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the postI know a technician has said before that there are 1,400 guests in the park. I also feel like a 10:1 bot to guest ratio has been discussed, but I can't remember. Sweetwater seems to be the main hub of Westworld and where the guests are dropped off. I found it interesting that Pariah (the town shown this week) seemed to be way bigger than Sweetwater and a majority of the guests will never travel there.

I think these are interesting points. To your ratio question, in the pilot episode, with the update issue, they mentioned approximately 10% of the population was updated, and I think they mentioned that it'd be a disaster if they pulled 2000 hosts from the storylines. Something like that, so I guess 20,000 hosts?

That seems like a logistical nightmare to create, maintain, and enhance all of those hosts, their primary loops, and interdependencies with other loops/hosts. That point alone makes you really think how large this operation truly is.

Assuming some people stay in Sweetwater their entire stay, I think Sweetwater is much larger that what they're showing, but spread out, so the population looks a little sparse. I think Pariah is more condensed, so it looks more populated. Also, Pariah is definitely a party town, and should be pretty much a mandatory stop when visiting Westworld.

Return to “Westworld”