bmyoungs

Timelines

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:08 pm

Were I'm in majority also
Tyler
Owner

Timelines

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:41 am

I hate to post this, but pretty good evidence for...

We learned in Episode Six that Maeve has only been in her "present" build as a prostitute in Sweetwater for about a year.
We also see a commercial for Westworld - featuring a different woman in her role:

This is the same woman we see when William and Logan first arrive at the park in episode two:

The scene of Maeve walking around upstairs also has the newer W logo in it, different from the logo when William and Logan arrive.
on the same note, the old computer we saw today "downstars" had the logo william saw, not the new one...

Best argument against this theory:
When Maeve was put up for recall, I believe it was Stubbs who said, "just have Clementine take over, she's done it before." So maybe that other woman was there during this time that Clementine was actually the madam.
Tyler
Owner

Time Frames

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:39 am

Spoilers all: where are the flys?
This theory has been mentioned before earlier in the season, but to me it is still the single largest piece of evidence for 2 timeframes theory.
There are literally 0 flys in William scenes, and tons and tons in MIB scenes. In all 8 episodes this is consistent.
For instance, in episode 8, William and Dolores come across a bunch of dead bodies. 0 flys.
MIB and teddy come across dead bodies. Millions of flys.
This is not a production error or any bullshit like that.
According to the theory:
Flys are in westworld when they introduce the new organic bodies. This is because flys couldn't eat anything w/ the old hosts because they weren't flesh, so there were none in the park.
Tyler
Owner

Time Frames

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:48 am

Another theory is that whenever we see Dolores off by herself that is "present day" and anytime she is with William she is remembering back 30 years. She is maybe retracing her steps and certain things are triggering her William memories, or the memories of the park being built.

When Ford is saying "Best not to dwell on these troubling memories. Otherwise you might be drawn back with them", they literally cut to Dolores and William while Ford's voiceover continues, saying "You might lose yourself in them like some of your fellow hosts have every now and then."

When she visited that town in the most recent episode (s01e08)
Alone, with dancers: 35 years ago.
Freaking out, with William: 30 years ago.
Alone, town is empty: Present.
bmyoungs

Time Frames

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:49 pm

I have so much trouble thinking about the timeline during the episode itself. Everything you said makes perfect sense though and I never even noticed the flies or lack there of.

Return to “Westworld”