Owner

Westworld s01e10

Postby Tyler » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:46 pm

So much to take in and process!
itscsalvo

Westworld s01e10

Postby itscsalvo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:46 pm

Uhhhh yeah. That was a lot to handle.

Calling it now, though. Elsie and Stubbs are alive and well.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e10

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 am

-Confirmation finally that MiB=William. It seems that MiB quickly lost interest in Dolores and just wanted to become the best player in Westworld.
-Mauve was never in control of her own actions. Ford wrote her escape to draw attention away from him moving all the cold storage bots
-Cold storage was were Ford was storing the hosts who were reaching consciousness
-Ford dig up that town just so he could have a death like Arnold's
-Felix doing the robot was hilarious .
-Hector and Armistice firing the PP90's was awesome (Post-credit scene showing Armistice survived)
-Samurai World?
-Ford just wanted to finish Arnold's work the whole time

Questions:
-Are the murder bots sentient or did Ford program them to kill the board? What does this gain a dead Ford?
-How did Ford know Dolores would kill him? If he knew that then wasn't he the one pulling the trigger? The same thing he said about Arnold.
-Why wasn't Ford surprised to see Arnold? He knew Mauve and Felix would be down there and would save him?
-Who was the host Ford was building in ep 7? Maybe a host of himself to take over or to take a bullet?
-What happened to naked Logan riding the horse?
-Stubs was never shown to be killed. Are him and Elsie going to be okay!?
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e10

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:54 am

From s01e06. Ford was planning!

itscsalvo

Westworld s01e10

Postby itscsalvo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:56 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the postSamurai World?

Shogun World
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e10

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:06 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the postHow did Ford know Dolores would kill him? If he knew that then wasn't he the one pulling the trigger? The same thing he said about Arnold.

After reading and thinking it over. Ford was banking on the fact that Dolores would become self aware and take the bait on the gun. He was hoping she would realize it was her own voice she was hearing in her head, not that of Arnold's. Once she made that connection she would understand that she has to kill Ford on her own in order to save all the hosts, just like Arnold wanted 35 years prior.

I
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Are the murder bots sentient or did Ford program them to kill the board? What does this gain a dead Ford?

I am thinking they are programmed based on the image above. It gains a dead Ford peace of mind knowing the hosts are protecting themselves?
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld s01e10

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy were guests on this week's Vulture TV Podcast, and they were very clear about her motivations: She was, indeed, finally throwing off the shackles of her narrative programming. The topic came up during a discussion about recurring shots and filming techniques in the first season: As Nolan explained, Steadicam shots indicate that hosts are doing what they've been told to do, but handheld shots indicate that they're acting on their own. Here's Nolan dishing on Maeve (emphasis added):

In the finale, when Maeve gets onto that train ... the Steadicam is leading her over. Now, it’s just keeping pace with her as she makes the decision. What we understand in the moment is it’s the first real decision she's made all season. Which is, she's not going to fulfill the script she's been given, which is to take this train wherever it's going, and do whatever else she's programmed to do. She can get off the train. At which point, we shift to handheld camera, which we'd held back on throughout the entire season until one moment with her, and one moment with Dolores, when Teddy comes to rescue her. We get Maeve off the train with a handheld camera. And I remember watching the dailies and almost being shocked at how effective a cinematic technique can be if you hold off on it for long enough. If you dial it in at just the right moment, that suggests she's literally like a train coming off the tracks. We're no longer in programmatic or prescribed behaviors. She's improvising, and we're right there with her.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e10

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:53 pm

Do you think the security guards that Hector and Armistice killed were humans or hosts? If they were hosts, why wasn't there skill set up higher and pain down to zero?

My podcast brought up an interesting point, not since Arnold in The Terminator has someone been completed naked, yet terrifying, yet sexy. Both featured a lifelike robot.
bmyoungs

Westworld s01e10

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:21 pm

American psycho, Christian bale was all 3 of those things. Your podcast was wrong.
wags83

Westworld s01e10

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Finished the season today! Now I can go read some things in here.
wags83

Westworld s01e10

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Not knowing if Stubbs is dead is what bothers me the most.

Also, wondering if all those hosts that kill everyone at the end have actual lives/storylines built into them or if they are just mindless kill bots.

Also, I initially thought Ford was making a replacement for the lady he made Bernard kill (can't remember her name) but that apparently was not the case.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e10

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Wags, did you read all the other threads/theories while watching?
If not, when did you figure out the multiple time frames and MiB=Logan?
wags83

Westworld s01e10

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:14 pm

I did not, I haven't decided if I'm going to or not.

I guess I don't know when I realized it. I feel like it was fairly early on since they showed Delores with two different stories in the same episode. And then Lawrence too. I figured it was either two different time lines or the people at the park were lazy and had multiple robots with the same look and name and backstory, but assumed 2 time lines thing.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld s01e10

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:18 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post And then Lawrence too. I figured it was either two different time lines or the people at the park were lazy and had multiple robots with the same look and name and backstory, but assumed 2 time lines thing.

I thought they handled Lawrence in a way that could be 1 timeline. He was strung up dead and MiB said "someone will be by soon to get him" so it made sense why he was back in the town after that.

When did you connect William to MiB...you do know they are the same person, right?
wags83

Westworld s01e10

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post When did you connect William to MiB...you do know they are the same person, right?

Lol, yeah I do. I feel like I kinda had a hunch but I don't think I knew for sure until episode 8 or 9. I thought maybe he was either Logan or William.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld s01e10

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:07 pm

bmyoungs

Westworld s01e10

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:29 am

Tyler wrote:Image

Lol

Return to “Westworld”