Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Westworld - s02e02

Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e02

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 am

This episode gave us more Delos backstory than I was expecting. The demonstration with Logan was so cool, that would blow anyone's mind.

I still don't feel very invested in Dolores's story. I would have rather followed more Bernard/Hale.

I'll post more later when I have time.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld - s02e02

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:26 am

Best part of the episode Image
Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e02

Postby Tyler » Tue May 01, 2018 6:50 am

Something that was said last week but I'm still working through it in my head. Ford didn't reprogram all hosts to kill humans. He overwrote their code that allowed them to identify hosts vs humans. The hosts taken out of cold storage during last year's finale must have been deliberately programmed to attack the party (no idea where these are now), but the park hosts mostly seem unaffected? Lawrence, saloon patrons, bartender, etc, none of these hosts kill MIB just because he was a human.

Dolores is slowly convincing other hosts of what is really happening. Why don't these hosts just ignore what she is saying, isn't that what they are suppose to do? When Teddy is looking at the tablet and reading about himself, shouldn't he have said "it doesn't look like anything to me"? Did Ford enable WOKE protocol, where hosts can now become sentient on their own but not automatically?

I really liked the stuff in the past with Delos family and buying the park. William convinces his Father in law that the park is worth buying for advertising/market research. Given this information we can assume that is what the bunker is from last episode. Delos is extracting memories/guest information to sell to advertisers, not to clone people. I would also think Ford was aware of this and agreed to it because it was the only way to keep the park afloat.

Speaking of the Delos family, did Logan become a drug addict just because William tied his naked body to a horse? Seems like Logan was pretty unstable, but did that single incident prove to his father that William should take over, not Logan?

When Mauve and Dolores met, did Mauve use her super hosts powers to influence Dolores? It almost seemed like Dolores was slightly persuaded by her, otherwise I would think Dolored could have sniffed out Lee.

There were 3 or 4 mentions of something special in the park during the episode. Dolores has her mind set on getting to a location, I think it was referred to as the valley of something or another. William is taking Lawrence to a place he regrets building. We see giant earth movers digging something. Is this going to be the ocean before it was flooded?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e02

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:47 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Something that was said last week but I'm still working through it in my head. Ford didn't reprogram all hosts to kill humans. He overwrote their code that allowed them to identify hosts vs humans. The hosts taken out of cold storage during last year's finale must have been deliberately programmed to attack the party (no idea where these are now), but the park hosts mostly seem unaffected? Lawrence, saloon patrons, bartender, etc, none of these hosts kill MIB just because he was a human.

This is where I kind of get lost here. I never know what hosts will respond to what, or why, or in what way they were reprogrammed. It's confusing to try to follow sometimes
Tyler wrote:Source of the post I really liked the stuff in the past with Delos family and buying the park. William convinces his Father in law that the park is worth buying for advertising/market research. Given this information we can assume that is what the bunker is from last episode. Delos is extracting memories/guest information to sell to advertisers, not to clone people. I would also think Ford was aware of this and agreed to it because it was the only way to keep the park afloat.

This was pretty neat. The backstory was great, but it shows him getting cold quick.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post When Mauve and Dolores met, did Mauve use her super hosts powers to influence Dolores? It almost seemed like Dolores was slightly persuaded by her, otherwise I would think Dolored could have sniffed out Lee.

Maybe she just saw that Mauve's Companion had more health bars than Dolores's.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e02

Postby Tyler » Fri May 04, 2018 8:46 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Maybe she just saw that Mauve's Companion had more health bars than Dolores's.

I did like the standoff between Hector and Teddy. Hector would mob the floor with Teddy

Return to “Westworld”