Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Westworld - s02e03

Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e03

Postby Tyler » Mon May 07, 2018 7:14 am

This was mostly a filler episode, but I really enjoyed parts of it.

Good:
-We know now why Steven Ogg was being a gentleman in s02e01 when he was shown on the beach when Bernard first woke up.
-The actor playing Abernathy is amazing at playing a malfunctioning robot.
-I got so excited when the trio of Felix, Sylvester, and Armistice showed up. Mauve/Lee are my favorite story of s02 and things just got way more interesting with the whole gang back together.
-Zombie Clementine is spooky
-3 parks in 1 episode. I am a little worried they are expanding the universe too fast though.

Dumb:
-Delos soldiers walking straight into a robot gunfight without any tactics or strategy. The robots had more concern for their own lives than those humans did. Why are they not at least scouting things out first!? Go to Walmart and get a $25 quad copter.

Questions:
-The only "present" day stuff of this episode was at Delos HQ when Bernard and Hale were reunited, everything else was the days after the massacre, right?
-Sylvester got his throat cut open last season, right? Did they instantly heal him?
-What is in Abernathy's head?!
-How do they control the park's weather?

Theory on who the Raj World woman was
► Show Spoiler
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld - s02e03

Postby Tyler » Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 am

Speaking of Raj world woman, she had a double hexagon symbol drawn in her notenook. We later see this same symbol when Bernard is trying to crack open Dolores father's code via the tablet. Is she looking for the secrets locked in him?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e03

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:48 am

I liked the third episode, but I'm spending almost the entire episodes thinking about the inconsistencies.

They made it a huge deal to show the 'toy' guns that won't affect humans that everyone shoots and that's part of her way to confirm people are human, but then why does EVERY single host have a real gun. It doesn't make any sense.

I'm still also lost while, even after several days, the Shogun would just be randomly chilling in the forest in full battle gear. They have normal backstories just like the people of westworld, and they went home during the night etc.

Also, I get that changing Simon from TWD from chaotic evil to lawful good will make him help people, but his narrative is still programmed. Where does the dialogue come from. This is my least nitpicky thing though.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed May 09, 2018 9:35 am

The fun technology is basically magic and you can't over think it.

When the park is working correctly the the hosts shoot real bullets at hosts and rubber bullets at humans, all from the same gun. When Ford changed their coding at the end of last season they see humans as hosts, so no more rubber bullets.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e03

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:38 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post When the park is working correctly the the hosts shoot real bullets at hosts and rubber bullets at humans, all from the same gun.

I'll just do my best to ignore this, even though logistically that could never work.
CrckrJack

Westworld - s02e03

Postby CrckrJack » Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I'll just do my best to ignore this, even though logistically that could never work.

Lol, same.

Battle was so stupid. Humans did not care about their lives at all. didn't make any sense to me. they didn't flex their technological advances at all. Lining up and walking towards them??? That is like revolutionary war era strategy.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post MIB daughter. She is extra careful about banging hosts because she saw what it did to her dad. She has to be someone of importance and the age lines up for that

Didn't they say that she had died?

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I got so excited when the trio of Felix, Sylvester, and Armistice showed up.

This is also my favorite story line in the show. Lee is very funny
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu May 10, 2018 10:03 am

MIB's wife killed herself because of her husband's obsession. Daughter hates him because of this.

I think that's what he told Teddy in s01 around the campfire
wags83

Westworld - s02e03

Postby wags83 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:37 am

I'm a couple weeks behind. Just watched this episode last night.

The battle scene was really dumb. Charging straight into your enemy's fire with no strategy or cover. They should have easily won that fight with their superior weapons and vehicles. The guys who went in for Delores's dad had literally no problem getting to him. They could have come up with a strategy to flank each side and surround the camp and probably come away with no casualties.

A woman climbing through jungle and rough terrain would not be able to outrun a tiger.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e03

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:38 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post A woman climbing through jungle and rough terrain would not be able to outrun a tiger.

You forgot about her plot armor.
wags83

Westworld - s02e03

Postby wags83 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:39 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post A woman climbing through jungle and rough terrain would not be able to outrun a tiger.

You forgot about her plot armor.

True. Also, good thing the tiger was courteous enough to delay it's pounce long enough for her to reload the gun.

Return to “Westworld”