Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Westworld - s02e06

Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e06

Postby Tyler » Mon May 28, 2018 9:10 pm

Good episode. This show is much different than last season, but I feel like it is finding it's groove. Even Dolored didn't bore me this week.

Dolores is going to regret reprogramming Teddy. Obvious she slid that slider a little too far

I was touched by William and his daughter's moment. His daughter saying sorry for blaming the suicide on him. The way he thinks her? By ditching her. COLD!

Anthony Hopkins is back! So Ford had Bernard retrieve his red brain core and put it into the craddle. Ford is controlling all narratives from within there. That would explain how he keeps showing up for MIB.

I feel like I would try breaking a window and jumping out of a moving train instead of exploding on one.
cjroz

Westworld - s02e06

Postby cjroz » Tue May 29, 2018 5:44 pm

I wasn't super pumped about episode 5, but loved last night again, especially the return of Anthony Hopkins.

One thing that I've been going back and forth on: thoughts on the sentience and consciousness of Bernard, Delores, and Maeve? Do you think any of them are conscious? None of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kath525

Westworld - s02e06

Postby Kath525 » Tue May 29, 2018 5:54 pm

cjroz wrote:I wasn't super pumped about episode 5, but loved last night again, especially the return of Anthony Hopkins.

One thing that I've been going back and forth on: thoughts on the sentience and consciousness of Bernard, Delores, and Maeve? Do you think any of them are conscious? None of them?

I 100% don’t think Delores is. I feel like 70% confident that Bernard isn’t but that his host body will become home to a sentient Arnold brain. And I feel about 80% confident that Maeve is sentient.

cjroz

Westworld - s02e06

Postby cjroz » Tue May 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Kath525 wrote:
cjroz wrote:I wasn't super pumped about episode 5, but loved last night again, especially the return of Anthony Hopkins.

I 100% don’t think Delores is. I feel like 70% confident that Bernard isn’t but that his host body will become home to a sentient Arnold brain. And I feel about 80% confident that Maeve is sentient.

And I'm 70% confident on my confidence level.

Okay seriously though:

I didn't think Delores was until that first scene last night, and now I'm a little torn about things. This is the point where this group finds out I'm not actually as smart as my 13RW post makes you believe.

I'm torn about Maeve- on the one hand, I think she is because of the mesh network stuff. On the other hand- is she just following a narrative to find her daughter?

I'm torn about Bernard for the same scene as Delores, but I really hope that plot plays out where he becomes Arnold.

Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e06

Postby Tyler » Tue May 29, 2018 7:32 pm

cjroz wrote:Source of the post One thing that I've been going back and forth on: thoughts on the sentience and consciousness of Bernard, Delores, and Maeve?

This is something I've thought about too. I think they all are sentient, but that doesn't mean they have free will. For example, I think Dolores knows she is a robot and thinks she wants revenge, but there is still the Wyatt narrative that she is partially following. So she is sentient but doesn't have complete free will.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e06

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:46 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cjroz wrote:Source of the post One thing that I've been going back and forth on: thoughts on the sentience and consciousness of Bernard, Delores, and Maeve?

This is something I've thought about too. I think they all are sentient, but that doesn't mean they have free will. For example, I think Dolores knows she is a robot and thinks she wants revenge, but there is still the Wyatt narrative that she is partially following. So she is sentient but doesn't have complete free will.

The narratives are still 80% of what drives them for sure. Maeve knows 100% her daughters memories are real, but it doesn't stop her from making that her only objective.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld - s02e06

Postby Tyler » Wed May 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Something so dumb I forgot to say. Bernard/Ellen Page not having 12 seconds to turn the pain off on Bernard before taking out his core. Didn't she turn it off back in the bunker when he was dying? She should turn it off right way so he could protect her better.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e06

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:40 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Something so dumb I forgot to say. Bernard/Ellen Page not having 12 seconds to turn the pain off on Bernard before taking out his core. Didn't she turn it off back in the bunker when he was dying? She should turn it off right way so he could protect her better.

There's no time!!!
CrckrJack

Westworld - s02e06

Postby CrckrJack » Thu May 31, 2018 9:29 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Ellen Page

That's not ellen page.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Westworld - s02e06

Postby Tyler » Thu May 31, 2018 9:31 am

CrckrJack wrote:

That's not ellen page.
Whaaaaat?!?! It's not?!?!
Kath525

Westworld - s02e06

Postby Kath525 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:37 am

Tyler wrote:
CrckrJack wrote:

That's not ellen page.
Whaaaaat?!?! It's not?!?!

Tyler are you serious?

Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e06

Postby Tyler » Thu May 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Tyler are you serious?

/s
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld - s02e06

Postby Tyler » Thu May 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Everyone noticed the aspect ratio changing while inside the simulation, right? They talked about it on my podcast like it was a hidden clue, but I thought it was pretty on the nose.

No clue if you could go back to old episodes and notice different aspect ratios meaning they were just simulations, but this episode certainly did it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e06

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Everyone noticed the aspect ratio changing while inside the simulation, right? They talked about it on my podcast like it was a hidden clue, but I thought it was pretty on the nose.

No clue if you could go back to old episodes and notice different aspect ratios meaning they were just simulations, but this episode certainly did it.

Yeah, it was noticable.
Kath525

Westworld - s02e06

Postby Kath525 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:02 pm

Tyler wrote:Everyone noticed the aspect ratio changing while inside the simulation, right? They talked about it on my podcast like it was a hidden clue, but I thought it was pretty on the nose.

What I didn’t notice, but later read about, what the first scene with Delores / Bernard was also in the aspect ratio. Basically what I read implied that that too was taking place in the “virtual reality” and suggesting that they or Delores or whoever is testing the Mr. Delos ‘real brain in host’ theory perhaps with Bernard / Arnold in this virtual reality.

Return to “Westworld”