Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Westworld - s02e07

Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e07

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:04 am

Wags, Corey, and myself watched this together in VR last night. It was the first time watching the show this way. During TWD we would crack jokes 80% of the time and miss some of the show. With this show we were silent a majority of the time, especially with this dense episode. However, any time there was action it was easy to laugh and crack wise because it is all so bad.

I'm torn on this episode. I think we learned a lot about the rules of the inverse, but the action is just so bad on this show. There are also some glaring plotholes that just make no sense at all.

What I Liked/Learned:
-Ford living in the cradle. He explains to Bernard that he can live here forever and remain stable, but if he were to plant himself into a host he would eventually go insane, just like James Delos. I don't think it was explained why a physical body makes a copied person insane. Ford is now a ticking time bomb in Bernard
-Bernard doesn't go crazy because he wasn't a "copy" of Arnold. Ford coded Bernard from scratch based on Arnold, and had Dolores help run QA, but Arnold's brain was never copied directly into Bernard. Since Bernard is an original being, he doesn't go insane in a physical body
-The red marble that Bernard printed was Ford. We all knew this after last week, but it was confirmed
-Ford's reason for opening the park was for the hosts to learn from the humans. The hosts were on loops so there were minimal variables.
-Ford knew the cradle was going to get destroyed and that is why he hitched a ride with Bernard
-The way they visual Ford inside of Bernard is cool. Legion does the exact same thing, but I like it here too.
-RIP Clementine, Angela, Abernathy, Lawrence
-Maeve gunning down MIB. No way William is dead though. Also learn Maeve can't control woke hosts, so she can't take over Dolores someday

Awful Action:
-How is everyone with a gun so incompetent? I convinced myself that I can believe the onsite guards can easily be wiped out by Dolores, they are basically Disneyland security detail. But then Mustache showed up. He was suppose to be the best of the best. His men were superior to the guys Doles had on-site. Nope. They all get killed and one of them is even seduced by Angelia. That greaseball JUST saw her KILLING his friends, but woah, she has bewbs. Better let my guard down and try to boink. Hosts are easily 2x stronger than men, that alone is reason not to ever get close to them. Nope, Mustache has a shot at Teddy but would rather wrestle with him.

Plot Holes:
-The entire s01 plot of getting Dolores's dad out of the park to get his brain makes no sense in retrospect. The brain cores can just be popped out. Why not take his marble out and Hale can just walk out the front door with it last season? Dolores is going to upload it via satellite now that she has it out. Why didn't Hale try that?
CrckrJack

Westworld - s02e07

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:33 am

I like when Dolores told Maeve that kin were just another rope to tie you down, yet Dolores had spent the entire season trying to get to her father.

The wrestling in this movie is so stupid MIB has a ton of 1 shot kills, but nobody else does, hell he takes like 6 bullets (no way he is dead, his daughter is going to rescue him). Why did Maeve not just have the guy that was wrestling him shoot him in the back of the head?

I am so sick of Maeve. I am not sure if I even have a character I mostly look forward to watching. Maybe Stubbs and Elsie at this point? Bernard/Ford is okay but Ford always talks so... annoyingly.

Loved this last episode though. I was hoping for some crazy inception-like thing to happen, but it seems to only be the real world and the Cr4dl3 :(.
CrckrJack

Westworld - s02e07

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:34 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post The entire s01 plot of getting Dolores's dad out of the park to get his brain makes no sense in retrospect. The brain cores can just be popped out. Why not take his marble out and Hale can just walk out the front door with it last season? Dolores is going to upload it via satellite now that she has it out. Why didn't Hale try that?

anything new in the second season didn't exist in the first season. it's annoying when shows do this, but yeah you are right. should have just ripped his head out earlier.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld - s02e07

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 am

I think we are seeing some inception stuff. Episode 1 of this season when Bernard wakes up on the beach. I think that was all a simulation to get him to remember where the brain is?

Clearly Ford is the one who told Hale where it is, not Bernard. Walking them into a trap.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:58 pm

Another plothole crckrjack and I were discussing. The most technically advanced company in the world doesn't follow the basic rule of off-site backups? The cradle was the one and only backup of the most valuable IP ever? I have more failsafe for my baby pictures.

What's in Dolores's daddy's brain? Backup of some of this?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e07

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:05 pm

Tyler wrote:Another plothole crckrjack and I were discussing. The most technically advanced company in the world doesn't follow the basic rule of off-site backups? The cradle was the one and only backup of the most valuable IP ever? I have more failsafe for my baby pictures.

What's in Dolores's daddy's brain? Backup of some of this?
Not everybody has unlimited backups like you. They probably have an ISU alumni account

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Last edited by cwilkins88 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:36 am

I need to find an updated timeline post. Ford is in Arnold now. When did Bernard wake up on the beach from 201? Was that just Hale running him through a simulation to jog his memory?

Return to “Westworld”