Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Westworld - s02e09

Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e09

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:18 am

Great episode. The last 2 have been the best 2 of the season.

I really hope William/MIB is NOT a host. What evidence does he have to think he is? As viewers we could question how he is still alive after being shot countless times, but why does he feel the need to dig into his arm at the end and check? I believe that William and his daughter are (were) both human, and that makes her death even more devastating. During most of the episode I was actually on William's side. It just seemed like his wife was an addict and her suicide didn't have to tie into William's life, it also seemed like he had a good relationship with his daughter up until her death. I really like how they flipped it at the end and you realized William is a crazy person.

RIP Teddy. I am sure they will find a way to bring him back, but they shouldn't. He blew out his core and the Craddle backup is gone. Maybe somehow they can rebuild him using the Forge, which seems to be a simulation made for the humans, but they humans there would need hosts to interact with? So maybe he exists in that server. It was also confirmed that the Valley Beyond is where this data is. We all basically knew that though.

Arnold was the father of Dolores. Ford was the father of Maeve. They each had their own special bot. Did Ford leave Bernard's core and jump into Maeve's?

How far did Elsie go to find guns that she didn't hear Bernard yelling "Get out of my ****ing head!!!"? I'm glad Bernard left her there for her own safety, but it was silly she didn't hear that.

From the writer, Lisa_Joy
cjroz

Westworld - s02e09

Postby cjroz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:29 am

100% thought that maybe MIB had made a host to interact with his wife in the real world so he could stay in the host world. I guess this could still be possible if there was a way for a clone/duplicate to communicate with an original? Maybe he had made so many duplicates and that's why he hasn't died yet?

So my favorite part is that we've already had an episode explaining the consequences of a human mind being unable to survive in a host body, but now we potentially have the opposite in that the MIB is losing his mind as a consequence of spending too much time in a host world.

What a great time to watch TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrckrJack

Westworld - s02e09

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post What evidence does he have to think he is?

I am thinking just crazy.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post RIP Teddy. I am sure they will find a way to bring him back, but they shouldn't.

Isn't he drowned from E1/2???

Tyler wrote:Source of the postI really like how they flipped it at the end and you realized William is a crazy person.

I hate suicide because it always seems so stupid to me. I can never imagine being so low that I think it is a choice. Even after seeing this episode I was like "well that seems pretty drastic". Leaving a child, albeit a fully grown one, seems so crazy to me. There is so much life left!!!!

Can we talk about the age difference between Ed Helms and his wife? like 20 years??
CrckrJack

Westworld - s02e09

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 am

cjroz wrote:Source of the post 100% thought that maybe MIB had made a host to interact with his wife in the real world so he could stay in the host world.

Mind = blown
Tyler
Owner

Re: Westworld - s02e09

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 am

I thought William seemed waaaay older than his wife too, but they seemed to be the same age when McPoyle is playing William.

True we haven't seen Teddy drown yet. Maybe they throw his body in the water? Nah, he's coming back online somehow.

Great observation that Jim Dolos went insane because he's a host thinking human, and William could be the inverse of that

In ep3 of this season (of somewhere around there) we see William taking Dolores to the edge of the valley and calling it the biggest mistake of his life. Why is building the forge bad for him? Because he was chasing immortality and in the process be destroyed his life and his family?
cjroz

Westworld - s02e09

Postby cjroz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:45 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post RIP Teddy. I am sure they will find a way to bring him back, but they shouldn't.

Isn't he drowned from E1/2???

I think that was a future timeline though. I feel like Clementine is about to go fuck shit up and then they are going to flood the host world so we end up seeing all of these floating hosts.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:39 pm

I want to hear everyone's take on MIB. Is he a host or not, and why? Same with his daughter Emily.
Kath525

Westworld - s02e09

Postby Kath525 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Neither of them hosts.
Emily no because then her death is lame.
MIB no because then him killing her is lame.
Life is so much more painful for him if they are both real.
Real life sucks.

cjroz

Westworld - s02e09

Postby cjroz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:10 pm

I 100% think Emily is a human.

I'm convinced MIB from this episode is a human, but I've talked myself into the clone theory I stated above for other episodes.

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e09

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:17 pm

If they make MIB into a host, this will be a huge disappointment. This is the kind of shit they pulled in Battlestar Galactica. Oh their story is boring or they need a twist....uh shit they are a cylon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e09

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:53 am

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Emily no because then her death is lame.

I agree. If Emily turns out to be a host then her father killing her isn't impactful at all. I wish they did a better job of showing that Emily was without a doubt a human. I don't think she got her spine scanned (MIB killed the guards during it) and even that only proves if they have the explosive charge. Meave would pass that scan even though she is a host.
Tyler
Owner

Westworld - s02e09

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:33 am

Evidence Emily is human
1) The music box story. She did throw it away after being mad at her mom, just like she told her dad. She wanted her dad to think she was on his side and against her mother's. What actually happened though was the mom took it out of the trash and kept it. She placed William's profile in it and left it for Emily.
2) Emily says "mom left me your profile" meaning the music box got back to Emily. We saw in the episode that Emily had profile when she died. We have seen no evidence of a duplicate card, so I would feel cheated if it is revealed that Emily is a host with a copied card
3) Emily passes the neck scan. Like I said before, I think this scan might only be looking for the explosive (but I guess it could be scanning for a core), but she passed it. In the episode the guard scans her, puts the scanner away, and steps away. He doesn't say anything before getting shot, but his body language makes it seem like she passed
4) It would be stupid if she was a host
wags83

Westworld - s02e09

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:05 am

Finished this episode last night. I liked it a lot. It's intense watching William self destruct. I had mostly been rooting for him but now he's gone completely crazy and obsessed. It surprised me that his relationship with Emily was so good/normal seemingly not long ago. The way they treated each other while in the park made it seem like they had been estranged for a long time.

I agree with everyone that it would be really dumb if either of them ended up being a host. No way Emily is or that would really cheapen her death for no good reason.
wags83

Westworld - s02e09

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:08 am

Also, am I the only one that thinks maybe Juliet is a bit overreacting? She basically is making all her problems and alcoholism out to be his fault. He seemed to be a really good guy in the real world. Once a year he goes and kills some robots, who cares?! I guess the gruesomeness of it would probably be a shock for his wife, but she didn't really know the truth until she got his profile, and she had been a mess for a while before that.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e09

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:16 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Also, am I the only one that thinks maybe Juliet is a bit overreacting? She basically is making all her problems and alcoholism out to be his fault. He seemed to be a really good guy in the real world. Once a year he goes and kills some robots, who cares?! I guess the gruesomeness of it would probably be a shock for his wife, but she didn't really know the truth until she got his profile, and she had been a mess for a while before that.

I agree completely. "You are such a nice man and caring and you do philanthropy and you're good to you're daughter, but sometimes, I feel like you like to shoot machines!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!"
wags83

Westworld - s02e09

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:24 am

Lol, exactly.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:48 am

I go back and forth about Williams WW activities making him a bad guy or not. If you killed hookers on GTA video games after paying for s3x you're not bad, but your wife might look at you differently. Now picture those video game characters as physical robots that believe they are real. You know you're killing a robot, but the horror seems real to them. Sure, you're not breaking the law, but totally within reason that your wife starts to question you. Also remember that William banged one just before his wedding and fell in love with it, that is weird.

Is William evil in the real world? No. Is it unreasonable that his wife is deeply bothered by his WW activies? No.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Westworld - s02e09

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:17 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Sure, you're not breaking the law, but totally within reason that your wife starts to question you. Also remember that William banged one just before his wedding and fell in love with it, that is weird.

Here's the distinction. If he treated them like machines, then it wouldn't be worrisome, but the fact that he was absolutely convinced one was real and fell in love with it, means he doesn't view them as machines. This makes him a bit of a crazy man.
cjroz

Westworld - s02e09

Postby cjroz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:37 am

Guys.

I am 100% convinced that MIB is going crazy, and in doing so doesn't know if he is in his host form or his human form. I don't have any evidence of this besides the plot of the EXTREMELY underrated movie "The Prestige". That is all.

Also happy bachelorette weekend to Kathryn.

Return to “Westworld”