Stranger Things - s02e01 - Chapter One: Madmax

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:15 am

I watched this yesterday. I liked it. Watched four in a row

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:57 am

We started s02 last night. Hopper raising Eleven was perfect. He's filling her need for a parent and she's filling his need for his daughter. Is that where he lives full time, or just where Eleven lives and he checks on her a few times a week?

The showrunner's promised in the off-season that Barb would still get justice in s02 and so far they are delivering. I'm glad we got to see Barb's parents and Nancy/Steve having that awkward conversation with them. Nancy clearly feels awful and she can't ever tell the truth. I'm curious what their private eye will find out.

The private eye raises a bigger question. Is everyone pretending the events of s01 didn't happen? I'm trying to think who would have known the full details of last year and are still alive. Will and his mom/brother, Chief Hopper, Mike, Eleven, Dustin, Lucas, Nancy, Steve. Is that it? Was no one else at the school will all hell broke loose? I assume whatever government officials survived are keeping their mouth shut.

Speaking of government officials.... how can Will's mom trust anyone? I assume the doctor Will is seeing is involved with the same organization from s01 and she must know this. I do like that Will isn't keeping his visions a secret and telling his mom/Hopper.

I hope Will's mom's new boyfriend (Samwise/Rudy) is a good guy. For some reason I have a feeling he is a plant from the government to keep tabs on her and Will. It is cool though that her kids like him and they aren't doing the troupe of the kids not like mom's new boyfriend.

Opening with 008 was kind of interesting, but at the same time I wanted to get right to the characters I knew. I'm curious how many other experiment kids will show up. Maybe they all need to combine their powers to save the world?

'List of burn centers in the United States' award goes to Will when he asked "Is that why you dont have any friends?"
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:39 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Is everyone pretending the events of s01 didn't happen?

If you remeember at the end of the first season, Hopper made a deal to keep everything quiet so they all could go back to their lives. Its part of the deal, everyone has to keep their mouth shut.

Tyler wrote:Speaking of government officials.... how can Will's mom trust anyone? I assume the doctor Will is seeing is involved with the same organization from s01 and she must know this. I do like that Will isn't keeping his visions a secret and telling his mom/Hopper.

Again, who can she go to? Not like a normal doctor knows about another dimension that he was lost in. Its not like there is a school that studies interdimensional travel and the effects on young boys who get lost there.

Tyler wrote:I hope Will's mom's new boyfriend (Samwise/Rudy) is a good guy. For some reason I have a feeling he is a plant from the government to keep tabs on her and Will.

Well, you have it all figured out... better stop watching. IF Bob is a government plant... why does he work at the Radio Shack and knows the Mom and Hopper from high school? Shhhh... watch the show.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Stranger Things - s02e01 - Chapter One: Madmax

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:42 am

I feel so sassed after reading hayes' response
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I feel so sassed after reading hayes' response

Good... its what you get for not talking to me. I'm an old person... we conversate.

Return to “Stranger Things”