Owner

Stranger Things - s02e03 - Chapter Three: The Pollywog

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:12 am

Have to discuss the last scene first. That was terrifying with Will. I think the classroom story about Phineas Gage was a pretty strong foreshadowing that Will is going to survive the incident but his personality is going to be changed. Will the creature be inside of Will and prevent him from telling others what happened?

Bob thought he was giving Will good advice because everyone thought Will was just having flashbacks. However, Mike theorized just minutes prior that perhaps Will was actually being transported to the upside down during his visions. Will was starting to realize what he was seeing was real and he still thought it was a good idea to stand up to the giant monster? I guess it's that or be afraid for ever.

Oh come on Dustin. You've seen the demorgogan. You know of the upside down. If something is slimy, looks alien, and acts strange kill it with fire.

It was nice seeing the conclusion of the Hopper/Eleven origin story. Really nice moment when they were cleaning the cabin together with the music on and Hopper dancing. Eleven looked happy! At the same time I don't fault her for her actions. She's a (12ish) year old kid who is even less mature than the boys because she has almost no real world experience. Her main form of education is watching soap operas. When she sees Mike with Max she automatically assumes the worst, that Mike is over her. If only she would have remembered that Mike calls for her on the walkie every day! He wouldn't still be doing that if he moved on.

Joyce is the world's best paranoid mom. It made me mad when she called the school and the 2 secretaries rolled their eyes at each other. As far as they know she's a mother that lost her kid for a week and thought he was dead. Don't be a snot if she is more paranoid than others! It was really smart of her to catch that on the VHS-C and compare it to the drawing. Not sure what will happen next since she will confront Will about it and the monster Will will probably lie and say everything is okay now.

Interesting triangle between Steve, Nancy, and Jonathon. Why did Jonathon lie and say Steve told him to take her home? Was he trying to make Steve sound better or was he doing that for himself? What do Jonathon and Nancy have planed with the Radio Shack bag? I'm going to assume they knew they would be listened to by the spooky guys and are setting something up.

I don't trust the lab helping Hopper at all. It seemed like they wanted to shoot down the idea right away and are only doing the tests to shut up Hopper. Regardless of the outcome I am sure they will tell Hopper everything is okay.

Billy and Max aren't siblings. What does it mean?!

Fan service?
Bob's parents live in Maine and he wants to move there. When he was little a clown scared him. Events in this take place before the original IT. Bob saw the original Pennywise?

Return to “Stranger Things”