Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Stranger Things - s02e06 - Chapter Six: The Spy

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:03 am

"How was the pull out?"

Steve is really turning into a favorite character of mine. Last season he had a great arc where he turned from the a-hole school jock to a decent human being. He continues to get better the more he spends with the kids. He isn't giving Dustin the best advice when it comes to girls, but it's nice he is taking the time to talk to him about that kind of stuff. The more I'm growing to like Steve the more I feel bad for him because of the Nancy/Jonathon stuff. I hope Steve realizes he doesn't need Nancy so it doesn't hurt him to see her with Jonathon.

Speaking of characters with positive arcs..the doctor! He not only seems to want to help Will, but he is putting Will's life first when the other doctors don't see the value in it. I thought for sure this guy was a sleezeball and was just using Will for his own gains, but he seems to care.

Will continues to be the most tortured person on TV. "Will, does this hurt when I burn the slug"? "Yes, it burns really bad" *burns the slug even worse*. What a great experiment! Will seriously freaks me out and I hope he actor receives a lot of recognition for his role. It's so impressive that last year he really only had a few lines and now he is basically carrying the show with his performances. It was such a horrific scene when you realize the monster inside of him used him to kill the soldiers. It's going to be hard for the doctor to defend his actions now...assuming not everyone dies in the lab because of the monsters.

Is there still a chance that Dustin's demogorgon is "good"? Now that there are a lot of bad ones I could see his being good and somehow helping him.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 am

Steve really stole the season.
Artukka

Postby Artukka » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm

I also appreciated the almost-subversion that the doctor was pretty much exactly what he presented himself as to the family.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:42 pm

The heard of demogorgons in this episode that Steve tries to fight are way smaller than the one in s01, right? I was thinking the one in s01 stood in 2 legs and was taller than a man, these seemed to be the size of a big dog. Interesting that they are all growing at the same size.

I believe Steve could have beat a few of the dog sized ones with his bat, but if it was the just one full size out in the open he would have been dead.

Return to “Stranger Things”