Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Stranger Things - s02e08 - Chapter Eight: The Mind Flayer

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:18 pm

Bob!!!!!!! Honestly didn't think he would die, not even when he was first attacked. I thought Hopper was going to save him.
bmyoungs

Stranger Things - s02e08

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Tyler wrote:Bob!!!!!!! Honestly didn't think he would die, not even when he was first attacked. I thought Hopper was going to save him.
I thought he was going to die a lot sooner than he did. The longer he was in the less I thought he would die.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Stranger Things - s02e08

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm glad he turned out to be a good guy. Wait, he was always a good time but I didn't believe it. Sorry Bob!
Great episode! Loved Eleven..err...El..I mean Jane showing up at the end.

Will continues to be such a great actor with the ghost monster inside of him.

The shed scenes were so good. I love that they went back to where s01 started and the terror of the phone call. Did all kids in the 80s know Morris code?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Stranger Things - s02e08

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Damn it, Bob why did you have to stop running. You were so close to safety.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 am

Back to type more. We were going to try finishing the show last night so I kept my thoughts to a minimum, but then the power went out and we didn't have time. It's spooky when the power goes out during this show!

Like I said above, this episode was great. I can't believe they held off on Jane showing up until the penultimate episode, but it was worth the wait. I just want to see her and Mike hug it out! Speaking of Mike, why is he still being a d1k4 to Max?! She is risking her life, just like everyone else, but he has to constantly remind her that she's not in the party. Let it go kid, you all about to die.

"Do you know BASIC?"
"No, teach me!"
haha. I loved that. Hopper ain't no nerd!

I didn't give the shed stuff enough praise. Joyce's story about not being able to afford Star Wars toys like Will got from his friends so she just got him crayons, and he played with the crayons more and drew an amazing picture for her. :romance-smileyheart: And the origin story of how Will/Mike became best friends. How Jonathon and him bounded when the dad left. All so good! And then the monster came back into Will. Great scene.

Was that the military backup calling?

We learned Billy is an asshole because his dad is an asshole. I was expecting Billy to meet up with the group at Hawkins Lab, but I guess they are saving him for the finale. I can almost guarantee he does something to redeem himself, just like Steve did last season.

Return to “Stranger Things”