Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Stranger Things - ending of s02 and my fear for next season

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 am

This was an amazing season of television, but part of me was a little disappointed with Jane saving the day just like in s01. They tried to include the boys and make it seem like she would have failed if it wasn't for them in the tunnels, but I'm not buying that. Both seasons of this show ended by Jane/Eleven screaming at a CGI monster with her arms held out. This year was different because it was a double nose bleeder, but it was basically the same thing.

Where can the show go next? Obviously the monster is still alive in the upside down and he mad. My favorite Marvel movies are the ones with local threats, not world ending ones. s01 of Stranger Things had a single monster. s02 had many many monsters and the threat of Hawkins destruction, eventually world. I am sure s03 will be bigger and badder than ever, but the bigger things get the less the kids need to be there. Maybe 8 will show up to help with the next threat, otherwise I feel it was a waste of a season to spend any time with her.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post This was an amazing season of television, but part of me was a little disappointed with Jane saving the day just like in s01. They tried to include the boys and make it seem like she would have failed if it wasn't for them in the tunnels, but I'm not buying that. Both seasons of this show ended by Jane/Eleven screaming at a CGI monster with her arms held out. This year was different because it was a double nose bleeder, but it was basically the same thing.

Where can the show go next? Obviously the monster is still alive in the upside down and he mad. My favorite Marvel movies are the ones with local threats, not world ending ones. s01 of Stranger Things had a single monster. s02 had many many monsters and the threat of Hawkins destruction, eventually world. I am sure s03 will be bigger and badder than ever, but the bigger things get the less the kids need to be there. Maybe 8 will show up to help with the next threat, otherwise I feel it was a waste of a season to spend any time with her.

Um... the growth of Jane/Eleven is evident. This all started with her... it has to end with her. She is the one who caused the rip between dimensions in the first season. As her character developed, found out more about her self, she became stronger and more aware of her role in this. Plus, she has never felt at home until she realized what home was. There are two more seasons.. so strap in buddy. We could be looking at another version of the Hangover Trilogy... but better.

I can't wait until Billy bangs Mike's hot mom. That will be soooo funny.

Return to “Stranger Things”