Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Handmaid's Tale - s01e02 - Birth Day

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Offred and her fellow Handmaids assist with the delivery of Janine's baby, prompting Offred to recall her own daughter's birth. Offred draws closer to Ofglen while dreading a secret meeting with the Commander.
Will watch soon
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:32 pm

So messed up how the mistress pretends to go through the labor while her friends wait on her, and then she swoops in at the end to take the baby.

What was the point of taking the cookie and spitting it out? Offred wanted to seem obedient and gracious, but spitting out the cooking was a way of telling them to screw off without them knowing it?

I've never seen such an unsettling game of Scrabble. The Commander seemed like a nice guy, but I know he can't be. Is this some kind of power play over Offred, but why? She is basically his slave already.

New Ofglen was spooky! I know that isn't the last we saw of Gilmore Girl. I hope she is okay.

It is crazy seeing the backstory stuff, like the baby getting snatched at the hospital. How is the United States (world?) going to turn to such shit in only a few years?
tylersucks

Postby tylersucks » Fri May 04, 2018 7:27 am

Tyler wrote:How is the United States (world?) going to turn to such shit in only a few years?

Trump?

Return to “The Handmaid's Tale”