Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Handmaid's Tale - s01e04 - Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum

Tyler
Owner

The Handmaid's Tale - s01e04 - Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:11 am

Punished by Serena Joy, Offred begins to unravel and reflect on her time with Moria at the Red Center; A complication during the Ceremony threatens her survival.
Another good episode. I don't think as much ground was covered compared to previous ones, but it still had a lot of interesting things in it.

It was weird to see Fred using a laptop at home. I think this is the first "tech" we've seen out like this. This little scene gave us a lot of information.
1. The rest of the world is still around and doesn't like what's going on.
2. They still have air travel, since Fred went to Mexico from Boston
3. The internet is still around, but obviously most people don't have access.
4. The rest of the world isn't messed up since an Aunt escaped to Canada for protection

The doctor offering to have intercourse with June. Was that creepy or helpful? The fact that I am even asking this question shows how complex this show is.

Flashback scene with June and Moira escaping was intense. I loved June's head nod to Moira for her to make a run for it. Based on what crazy eye girl said, Moira was captured and sent to the colonies where she likely died. No way Moira is dead. I wonder if that was the last June saw of her though or if she gets brought back. I also thought it was odd just how many handmaids were out and about during their escape. I thought being able to get pregnant was a rare deal, we just saw dozens of handmaids wandering around.

Bold move when June asked Fred to translate that for her. It could have been "Run, Fred will kill you" or something crazy like that.

Return to “The Handmaid's Tale”