Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Handmaid's Tale - s01e06 - A Woman's Place

Tyler
Owner

The Handmaid's Tale - s01e06 - A Woman's Place

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:15 am

When a trade delegation from Mexico comes to Gilead, Offred discovers several shocking secrets.
Some more insight into the events that led up to the new world. Seems like Fred and Serena were in some kind of extremists group. This group made the plan to kill all US officials as a way to reboot the nation because of how bad it was. Serena was a strong female leader in the old world, but is forced to go along with the men now. Seems like Fred knew it would go this way and he was okay with it.

This show does such a great job at making you take the villains side at times. I've been on board with Fred and Serena, and now even the head Aunt/teacher lady. It was touching when she stood up for the "broken" handmaids, saying they deserved to be there. Of course this is weird since she is probably the one who did the damage to them in the first place. She seems like one of the few true believers in the show at this point.

Trading handmaids as a resource is fugged up.

Luke is alive?! I honestly didn't even consider this and I feel like an idiot. If a character is killed off camera they are never dead. Curious how this Mexican assistant knew June's name and about her husband.

Return to “The Handmaid's Tale”