Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Handmaid's Tale - s02e02 - Unwomen

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:09 am

Offred adjusts to a new way of life; The arrival of an unexpected person disrupts the Colonies; A family is torn apart by the rise of Gilead.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:24 am

"After a while, crocodile". Overall kind of a slow episode. We get our first taste of the colonies (which I have questions about), but not much progression with June. I am okay with this though, since we got so much in the previous episode.

I could have sworn June cut her eat like paper in 201, but it shows no sign of trauma now, but anyways...June getting to the newspaper shop and exploring it was very interesting. Reminded me a lot of a zombie movie or something, until she found the execution wall.

I'm glad we got to see Emily/Ofglen 1.0/Ofsteven again. She is the best B character and hasn't been on since like 107ish? So badass of her to "help" the mistress (Spider-man's aunt?) by giving her the pills. Her backstory was also so gut wrenching, but there is hope her wife and kid are safe in Canada? I feel dumb, because I thought her wife was hung in front of her in s01, but that was just her Martha lover?

Biggest question of the episode, what the heck are the colonies? It seems like they were shoveling nuclear fallout, but that can't be right. If there was nuclear war in the country I don't think you could just drive to the site from Boston. It would have to be extremely far away...right? Is Boston the only part of the country left? Regardless, what good is shoveling that toxic material into bags?

1/5th of this episode was hawt steamy cheating-on-Luke sexorz

Return to “The Handmaid's Tale”