Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Handmaid's Tale - s02e03 - Baggage

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu May 03, 2018 7:05 am

June reflects on her relationship with her mother as she navigates her way through Gilead; Moira tries to cope with the trauma she endured.

NO!!! I knew she couldn't get out of the country that easily. I'm worried what her punishment will be.

2 months in the newspaper building. That would be rough. Good on her for getting her fitness on.

I thought we got a lot of world building in this episode. There are normal "family" communities and fertile wives get to live with their husbands there. Are all handmaids unmarried baby mamas? Maybe wives who have been caught cheating? I'll post more about this in my hierarchy thread. Horrible when Omar's wife judged June for being a handmaid and giving up her baby.

Omar the baker is risking his life and his family's for me, I better stand at the open window and look out of it. Oh, I am suppose to be quiet? Let me play with these toys. Come on June! If they are dead that is 100% on you. Just sit and wait quietly. Plus when she left Omar's the map was clearly in her pocket. And she looked so out of place in public. Looking out with a dumb look on her face and stroking the subway window. She clearly didn't belong.

I understand June doens't have a lot of options, but Omar told her the safe house was no longer safe. He also said the safe house is 1/4 mile to the airstrip. That is easily within eyesight. If the house was compromised they would be waiting there for the next plane. June would have been better off just walking North on her own.

Poor Moira in Canada. She is so broken and is now trying to help people like her.

Blessed be the fruit loops. Was this lady mute for 3 years and said that as her first line? Wut.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:41 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Horrible when Omar's wife judged June for being a handmaid and giving up her baby.

This seemed out of place for a couple of reasons. Either 1) she has no idea what being a handmaiden is actually like, which is likely but that contradicts 2) how is her husband helping to smuggle them out if his own wife doesn't know why?

They don't work together, so it pulled me out a bit.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Blessed be the fruit loops. Was this lady mute for 3 years and said that as her first line? Wut.

This made me LOL quite a bit actually.

Return to “The Handmaid's Tale”