Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Handmaid's Tale - s02e07 - After

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu May 31, 2018 7:31 am

An attack sends shockwaves through both Gilead and Little America. Serena Joy makes a dangerous choice in order to protect her family. Moira searches for someone from her past.
26 commanders and 31 handmaids killed. Looked like more handmaids got away than that, but I think there were some upstairs.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Prediction: Fred survives the bomb, but Nick's boss does not. Fred actually moves up in ranks and Nick is stuck there.

Called it last week. I'm shocked how how power Fred has now. Serena was able to ruin a high ranking officer by impersonating her husband.

Is Serena finally going to see eye to eye with June, or will there be a complication in their relationship once more? Pretty bold of her to rewrite the law like that. How is Fred going to be okay with that?

Last week episode ended with Ofglen clicking down on a detonator. This week ended with June clicking down on a pen. Violent vs civil change. Jocelyn was impressed when I said that during the episode so I have to say it here again. But Jocelyn explained to me the handmaids were telling everyone their names because how sad it was to bury their friends and not know their real names.

Eden (Nick's new wife) heard all the handmaids talking about their names. She's gonna snitch.

I understand they are desperate for more handmaids since many of them died, but is it worth the risk of radioactive babies? How is Emily even safe to be around after spending 7+ months at the colonies?

Moira's backstory was interesting, just because we learned how she knew she was fertile and became a handmaid, but I didn't feel overly invested in her love story since it was introduced and ended this episode. She had a convincing cry though.

I can't believe all the people being hung/shot in the street. How are there that many bad apples? Also crazy that Ofglen's (bomber) entire family was killed. Of course the commander and wife had nothing to do with it, but they were executed. Glen had some bad luck. First he had Emily run over someone's head and then her replacement killed dozens of people.

Final thoughts. This show looks so good! Every scene is shot so beautiful. Blacked on Handmaids walking through the snow with the red veils. Looked amazing.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:44 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Is Serena finally going to see eye to eye with June, or will there be a complication in their relationship once more? Pretty bold of her to rewrite the law like that. How is Fred going to be okay with that?

He's not, but Serena will say something. Fred will get mad, then they still won't talk to each other. He won't do anything about it, because if he does, he'll condemn his wife to death (and probably himself too).
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Last week episode ended with Ofglen clicking down on a detonator. This week ended with June clicking down on a pen. Violent vs civil change. Jocelyn was impressed when I said that during the episode so I have to say it here again. But Jocelyn explained to me the handmaids were telling everyone their names because how sad it was to bury their friends and not know their real names.

This was good. I liked how they did this. It's nice to watch shows where the writers know what they're doing.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Eden (Nick's new wife) heard all the handmaids talking about their names. She's gonna snitch.

Yeah, she sucks.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Moira's backstory was interesting, just because we learned how she knew she was fertile and became a handmaid, but I didn't feel overly invested in her love story since it was introduced and ended this episode. She had a convincing cry though.

This was interesting to me. At first, I thought the 250k for a baby was a way for the government to start to identify women who were fertile, and maybe it still is later, but that sucks for her. At least she knows her fiance/wife/gf is dead, instead of having to guess. June's husband is a little too nonchalant about everything, but there really is nothing he can do.

Return to “The Handmaid's Tale”