Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Handmaid's Tale - s02e08 - Women's Work

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:12 am

A sick baby tests Offred and Serena; Janine finally faces Naomi.

Another great episode. Seeing that baby in the incubator made me so sad :( I am so glad the episode didn't end with Janine playing with a dead baby corpse on the window sill, because I thought for sure that was going to happen. Jocelyn predicted that the mother's touch will magically heal the baby, I think it was Janine's radioactive body. Seriously, why haven't they discussed this? But seriously, it seems the baby was just being neglected. Mrs. Warren hated her baby and probably never cuddled her or anything.

I should be tired of the Serena/June relationship, but I'm not. I know anytime they seem to be friendly it won't last until the end of the episode, and that was proven here again. Is Serena a bad person? I don't think so, but the world she created forces her to be one. June wanted to help Serena after she was whipped, but was sent to her room instead. That clearly upset Serena because she does feel close to June. I thought Serena was maybe even protecting June by doing this. She doesn't even like knitting!

The lady doctor suiting up was emotional. Too bad she couldn't have done anything for the baby and has to return to her horrible life.

Nick is comically mean to his new wife. He needs to at least pretend to like her or he is going to get in trouble. I'm starting to feel bad for her.

No one has any kind feelings left for Fred, right? He is is a straight up creep and monster. Him whipping his wife and going up to June's room "knock knock"

Emily is unhinged. She didn't agree with the new world before and did a bad job of hiding it, now she is openly talking about how great the bombing was. She is going to get in trouble again.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:25 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Jocelyn predicted that the mother's touch will magically heal the baby, I think it was Janine's radioactive body

Makeshift chemo?
Tyler wrote:Source of the post No one has any kind feelings left for Fred, right? He is is a straight up creep and monster. Him whipping his wife and going up to June's room "knock knock"

Yeah, he's an awful human being.

Return to “The Handmaid's Tale”