Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Handmaid's Tale - s02e11 - Holly

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Well this was a fun one. Basically despair for the whole episode. Offred is basically by herself the entire episode and all it, is flashbacks of her initial pregnancy and the interactions she had with her mother throughout.

I thought for sure that Wolf was going to make a move at her, but he knows Offred isn't to be f'd with. The scene between the Commander and Mrs. Commander as intense, and I thought they were going to have a physical fight with each other. I never thought for a second that Offred was going to take a shot.

I AM surprised that she didn't get the car out and drive away. I knew she wouldn't except for a few reasons. 1) She couldn't get out to buy gas and 2) IF she ever got to Canada, the show wouldn't have a lot of meaning to it. But what I thought would happen is she started to drive, went into labor, pulled over to give birth, gets caught and tells the waterfords what happened and she wasn't trying to escape (technically she wasn't this time). I imagine a lot of that explanation will happen next episode.

Mrs. Waterford almost turned into Mr. Waterford this episode, because she's got some BALLS on her to blame Fred for the rape scene, when she wanted nothing more than that to happen. Although, he's a monster too.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 am

Thanks Wilkins for making this thread. I like being able to reply to a different post before giving my thoughts, so do it again!

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I thought for sure that Wolf was going to make a move at her, but he knows Offred isn't to be f'd with.

I'm sure it was suppose to symbolize something, but Jocelyn and I didn't know what. I thought it was all kind of silly when the wolf showed up.

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post The scene between the Commander and Mrs. Commander as intense, and I thought they were going to have a physical fight with each other. I never thought for a second that Offred was going to take a shot.

Right. There was no way she was going to shoot them, and if she did I bet it wouldn't have worked. She wasn't going to be able to take both of them out from her vantage point in her condition. I kind of thought she would come out of hiding though and play the victim card. "Praise be you are here! Nick was shot and I was left here alone. I kept waiting for you to save me"

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I AM surprised that she didn't get the car out and drive away. I knew she wouldn't except for a few reasons.

I wish they would have used a different reason for the car being stuck. Let it not start or a huge snow drift in front of the door. The ripcord on the door not releasing and the muscle car not having the power to push open the door were both kind of silly. I feel like my little car could push open a door with no runway to gain speed. You're right though, even if she got out she would have been screwed.

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Mrs. Waterford almost turned into Mr. Waterford this episode, because she's got some BALLS on her to blame Fred for the rape scene, when she wanted nothing more than that to happen. Although, he's a monster too.

No kidding. It was Serena's idea and she held her down. Just as guilty as Fred.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:09 am

Now my own thoughts.

That birthing scene was something else. Wowsers. Was that CGI/body suit on the June actress? I love that Serena missed the birth. She is going to be furious. I'm also very worried for June, since she had the baby does she have no purpose to the Waterford's now?

The house June gave birth in was also the house Hannah lived in? Why doesn't Hannah live there now? Based on the things June found in the house she can at least have a little piece of mind that Hannah seems loved and cared for.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post The house June gave birth in was also the house Hannah lived in? Why doesn't Hannah live there now? Based on the things June found in the house she can at least have a little piece of mind that Hannah seems loved and cared for.

Yes, maybe it's a summer home. As June found out, its cold and a bit out of the way. Plus f'n wolves.

Return to “The Handmaid's Tale”