Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Handmaid's Tale - s02e12 - Postpartum

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:46 am

Offred is sent to a familiar place; Nick is rocked by Gilead's brutal response to a crime; Emily is assigned to a mysterious new house.

I was not expecting the show to pick up 2+ weeks after Holly was born and June was rescued/captured. I wanted to see how pissed Serena was when she learned the baby was born without her there. We got a little bit of information of how the Waterford's are trying to explain the circumstances around the birth, but not enough for me liking.
Aunt Lydia seems to believe June was out for a drive and then suddenly had the baby in the only house around. So many questions
-How do they explain Nick fighting the guards?
-Didn't Nick get shot?
-Was Fred and Serena with June in their lie? They can't be, the neighbors saw it was only June and no one else.

Serena knows Nick is the father. Names her Nicole. Burn? On the topic of Nick, it was sad when he said he wanted to hold the baby. I've only thought about June as the parent with a kid ripped out of her hands, but poor Nick hasn't even had the baby in his hands yet for it to be ripped out.

I don't care that Serana let June nurse, eff her. Serena is going to be nice for 5 minutes because she saw a 15 year old girl murdered and she feels bad because that could be her daughter someday, but she isn't going to stay nice to June.

FRED IS THE WORSE! "Is that all the thanks I get?"
Step 1: Rape a girl
Step 2: Let her see her daughter
Step 3: Expect sexual favors in return

I hope Emily is okay. I can't get a good read on her new commander, Lawrence I think? I hope he is trying to take in damage goods of Martha's and Handmaid's and give them an easier life since he knows he caused so much damage with the colonies, and then drove his wife mad. He seemed to be interested in June, but the comment about her healing properly couldn't be creepy or sincere. Lost it when the Martha said "do you want a beating?" "Try it old man". Clearly this house doesn't have the same structure as others. I think this is the same actor as the dad in Get Out so it was extra creepy.

The ending was brutal. Young dumb love. You're like 15! Say what they want you to say and live. I thought it was special that my daughter attended a gay wedding at the age of 2 weeks, she's got nothing on Holly who attended her first double execution at 2 weeks.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:02 am

Stop trying to make us feel sorry for Mrs. Waterford, it's never going to happen.

I think Lawrence was the architect for the colonies, but it was more of a hypothetical question maybe? Part of a paper at his college where he taught maybe, and didn't mean to do it? IDK, he could also be a sadistic psycopath rapist, but who knows. I love the actor who plays him.

Those kids were idiots. I did a pretty big LOL when June rolled her eyes at her doing "Love is patient, Love is kind". She basically said what we were all thinking. "oh yeah, this idiot girl is dead"

Tyler wrote:Source of the post The ending was brutal. Young dumb love. You're like 15! Say what they want you to say and live. I thought it was special that my daughter attended a gay wedding at the age of 2 weeks, she's got nothing on Holly who attended her first double execution at 2 weeks.

I'll try to take my kids to one this weekend. I feel like I shelter them too much.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:05 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I did a pretty big LOL when June rolled her eyes at her doing "Love is patient, Love is kind". She basically said what we were all thinking. "oh yeah, this idiot girl is dead"

You think June gave her the love advice knowing it would lead Eden down a path of trouble? I thought June was just trying to be helpful and then felt horrible that her advice got her killed.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:14 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post You think June gave her the love advice knowing it would lead Eden down a path of trouble? I thought June was just trying to be helpful and then felt horrible that her advice got her killed.

No, I agree. When she was on the diving board, they asked her to renounce, and she started saying that crap and June rolled her eyes.

Return to “The Handmaid's Tale”