Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Legion - s02e01

Tyler
Owner

Legion - s02e01

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:58 pm

Tonight.

Unlikely alliances are formed and the search for the Shadow King begins.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Legion - s02e01

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:42 am

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Legion - s02e01

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:51 am

This was weird but very interesting. I'll try to post more later, but this episode definitely reminded me why I love this show

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Legion - s02e01

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:17 am

I'm going to do my best to recap it, because I think that will help me understand everything. Jump in if I have something wrong.
At the end of last season David got trapped in an orb. His team found him a year later at a night club where the freaky teeth chattering people were. His team is now called Division 3, and it is a combination of the burnt-face-guy (Clark?) from last year and the crew from the house (Syd, Kerry, Cary, Ptonomy, Melanie).

David is reunited with Syd and learns he was gone for a year. During the episode we/he learn that Lenny (Farouk) is traveling with Oliver around the world. Lenny doesn't physically exist and only Oliver can see her. We also find out that David met up with them at some point and had an epic dance battle. We are not sure if he was invited or why/how he got there? When Oliver leaves an area the teeth chattering happens to people left there.

A man with a wicker mask is in charge, but he doesn't talk. 3 attractive female robots with mustaches do all the talking (who sound like GLaDOS from Portal). They explain Farouk is searching for his body and Division 3 must find it first. If Farouk/Shadow King finds it he will be unstoppable.

David has a dream where Syd from the future shows up and gives him a cryptic message. The conclusion of the vision is that he has to help Farouk find the body.
Now question time.

I should go back and rewatch the opening sequence. Is this right or do I have some layers wrong? Oliver/Lenny are floating in a pool, Oliver says they are trapped. It zooms out and we see this is taking place in Oliver's (?) mind, but it zooms out again and we see this is taking place in a new guy's mind. This guy is sipping tea in Paris.

Future Syd is really Farouk, right? We saw the gross chicken crawling around that scene?

What the heck was up with Melanie taking that drug and seeing an upside down Minotaur in a wheelchair?!
I'm sure I will have more to say after Wilkins/Tim/Kathy/Wags chime in.

Closing comment is how great this show looks! The visuals and art style is amazing. I've always been impressed with the look of Noah Hawley's stuff (Fargo, s01 of this), but this episode was amazing.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Legion - s02e01

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:50 am

I have no idea what is going on. The dance was a metaphor for a mental battle between the two. You can tell, because the flashes of light show up when one was losing. Not sure why they chose that metaphor, but it was neato.

I'm pretty sure David is still in the Orb, trapped. Oliver and Lenny are trapped in Farouk's mind, which is inside Oliver's body???? Reddit, says "That’s why we see Lenny and Oliver in Farouk’s eye who is in Oliver’s eye"

Farouk is using Syd's body or whatever to try to convince David to find his body so he can become all powerful.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Legion - s02e01

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:39 am

cwilkins88 wrote:I have no idea what is going on. The dance was a metaphor for a mental battle between the two. You can tell, because the flashes of light show up when one was losing. Not sure why they chose that metaphor, but it was neato.

I'm pretty sure David is still in the Orb, trapped. Oliver and Lenny are trapped in Farouk's mind, which is inside Oliver's body???? Reddit, says "That’s why we see Lenny and Oliver in Farouk’s eye who is in Oliver’s eye"

Farouk is using Syd's body or whatever to try to convince David to find his body so he can become all powerful.

Interesting idea that David is still in the orb. So everything in the episode was in his mind?

When Farouk was in David last season they were sharing the body. With Oliver though, Farouk is in complete control of the body and Oliver is only existing in the headspace/astroplane? This is so confusing with all the layers.
Artukka

Legion - s02e01

Postby Artukka » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 pm

I don't think David is still in the orb. If that were the case the scenes with Syd where they talk how they found David (and how he might disappear again) would either make no sense or be for nothing.

I don't have much of a clue what's happening with Oliver/Farouk/Lenny though.

Why did David lie to Syd about not seeing anything when he went in the tub -- does that imply he really does remember more than he's letting on about his year away?

Why did Syd leave the lab right as soon as pod door closed, right after assuring David that she'd be right outside? And before she left she asked Cary to ping her if they found anything... you'd think she'd be less concerned about finding the Shadow King and more concerned about David's well being. Maybe "future Syd" really is Syd, and she is compromised somehow. David and Syd were both sleeping in the white room where the demon chicken was crawling about after all.

And shouldn't they give the afflicted some kind of mouth piece to cushion their teeth and cut down on the creepy noise?

Anyway, the show still seems awesome, and as stylish as ever.
Tyler
Owner

Legion - s02e01

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:42 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post The dance was a metaphor for a mental battle between the two.

Was this battle taking place real time while David was in the water tank? Was he trying to locate Farouk in the astroplane and this is how they were fighting? Or was this a memory of a fight that he started remembering while in the tank? This show is weird enough that I am not ruling out they actually took over a dance club and did this.

Artukka wrote:Source of the post And shouldn't they give the afflicted some kind of mouth piece to cushion their teeth and cut down on the creepy noise?

lol. Such an simple thing, I wonder why they didn't do this. I really liked how the sound was introduced before seeing what the cause was. It was so unnerving to see that group of people standing there only chattering their teeth.

Artukka wrote:Source of the post Why did Syd leave the lab right as soon as pod door closed, right after assuring David that she'd be right outside? And before she left she asked Cary to ping her if they found anything... you'd think she'd be less concerned about finding the Shadow King and more concerned about David's well being.

I wonder that too. I thought when she instantly left she had more important things to do, but she didn't. During this time I think Ptonomy explained to her that David was with Oliver over the last year, but I don't recall her knowing he had to talk to her during this time.
Another thing I forgot to mention. At first I thought we were hearing David read the minds of other people, but he was having conversations with himself. Does David have split personalities now? We saw him do this last season, but the reasonable David was British, these voices were not.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Legion - s02e01

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am

Something no one has brought up. Children are guarding division 3 because they aren't contagious to the teeth chattering. Think there is a reason for this, or the show just thought it was too dark to do it to the kids so they were made ressistive to it? Once they couldn't be infected might as well work it into the plot
Kath525

Legion - s02e01

Postby Kath525 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:54 am

Also. Why did future Syd have an amputated arm????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Legion - s02e01

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:53 am

Kath525 wrote:Also. Why did future Syd have an amputated arm????

Great question. Maybe it relates back to the story of the guy cutting his own leg off?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Legion - s02e01

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Tyler wrote:
Kath525 wrote:Also. Why did future Syd have an amputated arm????

Great question. Maybe it relates back to the story of the guy cutting his own leg off?
I'm guessing that's correct, but excited to see how it happens

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
wags83

Legion - s02e01

Postby wags83 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:07 am

I finally started watching this. One episode down!
Tyler
Owner

Legion - s02e01

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:19 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I finally started watching this. One episode down!

How confused were you by everything?
wags83

Legion - s02e01

Postby wags83 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:40 am

Very confused. But it's still a super neat show, even if I have no idea what's going on.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Legion - s02e01

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:56 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Very confused. But it's still a super neat show, even if I have no idea what's going on.

I finished season 2 and I still am not sure what happened in 2/3rds of the episodes.

Return to “Legion”