Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Better Call Saul - Season 1 and 2

Tag

Re: Better Call Saul

Postby Tag » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:07 am

Tyler wrote:
Tag wrote:
Love the podcast too, if you dont listen i def. recommend it.

Kelley Dixon leads it and Gilligan is always there with others. They give such an indepth back ground (like they did for breaking bad) just phenomenal. Love it all

If you want more Podcasts to listen to check out "Better Cast Saul", those are my favorite guys to listen to when it comes to TV shows. Insider Podcast with the Gilli-gang is also a good one for different reasons.

Better Call Saul was the show i was talkin about Ty
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:11 am

Tag wrote:

Better Call Saul was the show i was talkin about Ty

Better Call Saul is the Insider Podcast from the crew that you listen to. Better Cast Saul is a fan-made podcast that I like listening to.
Tag

Postby Tag » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:16 am

ahh thank you for the italize! I apologize. I listen to the insider with Gilligan.. ill look into the fan one thanks!!
-Tag

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:26 pm

Jimmy took the highroad with the Kettlemans, well...and he was saving his own butt. Jimmy/Mike have a weird system going on. Mike did a high risk break in because he owned one form Jimmy pouring the coffee in last week's episode, but didn't Jimmy do that because he owed Mike for getting him off with the police/Nacho?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Chuck is cured?! I felt bad for chuck when he was just sitting quiet during that conversation with the other lawyers. I hope 20 Million is not just him being crazy. And what is up with the needles from Nebraska? Something about Rico case?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Tyler wrote:And what is up with the needles from Nebraska? Something about Rico case?

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering, and it allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes which they ordered others to do or assisted them, closing a perceived loophole that allowed someone who told a man to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because he did not actually commit the crime personally.

Still doesn't clear it up for me
Tag

Postby Tag » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:57 pm

im behind on podcasts so maybe they will clear it up (they run about an hour and a half)

this was the episode that really got me hooked i think, that they are pickin up a case with steam, no more games.

love the brother dynamic
-Tag

Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Tyler wrote:Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering, and it allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes which they ordered others to do or assisted them, closing a perceived loophole that allowed someone who told a man to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because he did not actually commit the crime personally.

Taken from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RICO_(Better_Call_Saul)
Jimmy presents evidence of Sandpiper Crossing engaging in illicit interstate commerce, making them eligible for a RICO lawsuit

Still don't have all the details for you, but nursing home should not have been buying from NE while operating in NM
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 am

Tyler wrote:
Tyler wrote:And what is up with the needles from Nebraska? Something about Rico case?

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering, and it allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes which they ordered others to do or assisted them, closing a perceived loophole that allowed someone who told a man to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because he did not actually commit the crime personally.

My understanding is that since they were buying the needles from another state, it can be classified as inter-state commerce and this law comes into effect.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:10 am

Thanks Blue Jackets and Corey,
Still sounds like a dumb law to me. If I had a hot dog cart I couldn't buy ketchup from Minnesota if they had cheaper ketchup than Iowa?
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Tyler wrote:Thanks Blue Jackets and Corey,
Still sounds like a dumb law to me. If I had a hot dog cart I couldn't buy ketchup from Minnesota if they had cheaper ketchup than Iowa?

You can't charge people an obscene amount for the ketchup when the people need the ketchup to live.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Doing it across state lines just makes it more of an offense. It's like...kidnapping is bad, but kidnapping across international borders is a lot worse.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Corey wrote:You can't charge people an obscene amount for the ketchup when the people need the ketchup to live.

Right, I understand the up-sale part of the case. I am just hung up on the details of why buying something from a different state is illegal. From my understanding these are two distinct different things the nursing home is guilty of

EDIT: WHO CARES! Let's stop
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:05 pm

What an episode.

1) they dropped a full F bomb
2) Chuck betrayed Jimmy, which I think we all kind of saw coming
3) Mike continues to be a total bad ass
4) Nacho returns

The show is really slow at times, especially with Mike. Few weeks ago it was him eating apples waiting for the Kettlemans to sleep or him just working in the booth and then eating breakfast. This week it was him waiting in a parking garage and in the desert. BUT I love those scenes! I love slow dramatic scenes with Mike. Jimmy's story went pretty deep this week but I still liked Mike's scenes more
awright

Postby awright » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Has this been picked up for another season? Or has anyone heard whether it was planned to be continued? I think we've all been awaiting the collapse of everything good in Jimmy's life eventually. I just wonder how long it will be. And then there's the inevitable building of his Saul Goodman persona. I can see it being done in one season or up to at least 3, honestly.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:44 pm

It's been renewed for another season and next week is the finale. Still plenty of story to be told but I feel like 3 seasons or 30 episodes would be a good stretch. Don't want it to overstay it's welcome since it's a prequel
Tag

Postby Tag » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:53 pm

i guess i am in the minority cause i am totally bummed tomorrow is the finale. Its being renewed for at least another season. I will be watching without a doubt.

The podcast clears up and gives me such a better appreciation for the show.

I think the biggest bomb was dropped when we finally realize that Howard isn't the bad guy this whole time. The "bad guy" was his own brother who doesnt think he came by the job honestly. WHich really makes me dislike chuck because even if he didn't take the same route, he is proving he can do it and hes not Saul yet, Chuck turned him into this monster, All jimmy ever wanted was to be acccepted/loved by Chuck and he just hasnt.

Hope this goes for 3-4 seasons, so much more they can do
-Tag

awright

Postby awright » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:21 pm

Tag wrote:i guess i am in the minority cause i am totally bummed tomorrow is the finale. Its being renewed for at least another season. I will be watching without a doubt

I don't think anyone is bummed by it being renewed or the quality of the show. I am excited about the finale but not because it's over. It should be an exciting finish to a great first season
Tag

Postby Tag » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:18 pm

agreed, do you listen to the podcast too?

Its great.
-Tag

blake

Postby blake » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:01 am

Can't wait for next season

Return to “Better Call Saul”