Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Better Call Saul - Season 1 and 2

awright

Better Call Saul

Postby awright » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:32 pm

The Chicago Sunroof bit during Bingo had be cracking up...especially with the kids in the car Lolz

And wow did he lose it
Tyler
Owner

Re: Better Call Saul

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Kids in the car was funny indeed.

Jimmy was so close to doing the right thing.
Tag

Postby Tag » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:14 pm

"right thing" is hard to define.

while the bombshell was def. dropped in ep. 9. i still liked how 10 ended. cant wait for next season.

I find it very hard to root for Chuck in any way really. he just seems like a bad brother. i mean sure jimmy had an uneven past and didnt go to as "great" a college but he was showing he wanted to do well and helped find a huge case. and his brother was jealous/wrong idk...

I was happy when Slippin' Jimmy turned the boat around, glad he didnt go in and work for the other guys..

Saul is born !!
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:52 am

"Right thing" implying that Jimmy entered the parking lot to make a deal with this new legitimate law firm and have the opportunity to work on the case he painstakingly found, but instead he threw it away to pursue the Saul Goodman persona

Agree about Chuck, there is no more rooting for him. I really like how they switched our thoughts on Hamlin. Clearly Chuck has been the puppeteer and Howard actually claimed to have liked Jimmy but could never show it or throw him a bone because of the more powering partner.
Tag

Postby Tag » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Tyler wrote:"Right thing" implying that Jimmy entered the parking lot to make a deal with this new legitimate law firm and have the opportunity to work on the case he painstakingly found, but instead he threw it away to pursue the Saul Goodman persona

Agree about Chuck, there is no more rooting for him. I really like how they switched our thoughts on Hamlin. Clearly Chuck has been the puppeteer and Howard actually claimed to have liked Jimmy but could never show it or throw him a bone because of the more powering partner.

I just meant the "right thing" is hard to say, i can understand why he is so upset and the thought of being around his brother, working that case would probably upset him too much.

I agree, couldn't stand howard and come to find out, he was probably actually a good dude, chucks just that bad
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
Fawlty
On Probation

Postby Fawlty » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:07 am

BUMP Y'ALL

I watched Saul in almost-real-time and I just started re-watching it last week on blu-ray. Up to episode 4 currently. I am enjoying it a LOT more the second time around, catching more throwaway jokes and what-not.

Anyone else psyched for Season 2? Full disclosure: I did not read one damn past post on this thread so I have no idea what the consensus opinion was.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:40 am

I enjoyed it and will continue to watch in season 2. Looks like Feb 15 is the premier date.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:09 am

I'll be watching season 2 weekly. I enjoyed the tie-ins with Breaking Bad, but really enjoyed that the show could stand on its own. I wonder if Tuco will play a bigger role in season 2. I would be happy if they split the story 50/50 with Mike and Saul.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:16 am

Werd I really like seeing Mike's history too.
Fawlty
On Probation

Postby Fawlty » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:55 am

Holy cow you guys, I loooove it when we disagree. Mike bores me to DEATH. Maybe I'll finally develop an appreciation for him on my re-watch. Not yet though.

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Oh man, loved Mike ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Fawlty wrote:Holy cow you guys, I loooove it when we disagree. Mike bores me to DEATH. Maybe I'll finally develop an appreciation for him on my re-watch. Not yet though.

I guess for me it's knowing what he turns into that makes me want to see his story.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Fawlty wrote:Holy cow you guys, I loooove it when we disagree. Mike bores me to DEATH. Maybe I'll finally develop an appreciation for him on my re-watch. Not yet though.

What bores you? I think the stuff with his granddaughter and son was very interesting. I also love seeing how he is getting into the illegal business with the pharmacist. Mike beating up those guys in the parking ramp is great.

You could make the argument that you already know the outcome of Mike based on Breaking Bad so it is not interesting, but I would make the argument that you already know the outcome of Saul for the same reason. Then you would counter that argument by saying Better Call Saul is going to show more of Saul after the Breaking Bad events...then you would win that argument.
Fawlty
On Probation

Postby Fawlty » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:01 pm

I think perhaps my distaste for Mike stems from the fact that I watch Better Call Saul because I lurrrrve Bob Odenkirk's crazy emoting and zippy one-liners. Mike is the antithesis of that*. You could say the contrast makes for good television (it probably does) but I guess I like my characters to be as caffeinated as I am all the time.

*sips Pepsi Max at 10PM on the dot*

By contrast, I love every new character on the show, especially Chuck. What was the line? "Giving Slipping Jimmy a law degree is like giving a chimp a machine gun!"? I can't wait to see that one again.

*Big word. Fancy word. I win a prize!

Fawlty
On Probation

Postby Fawlty » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:28 pm

P.S. re-watching Episode 5 now. Holy COW. I want all of the talking toilet's lines stitched together as my ringtone right NOW*.

*Does anybody actually use ringtones anymore? My phone is always ALWAYS on vibrate or mute.

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:29 pm

I actually get angry when hearing ringtones. I always have on silent and if for some reason I need a ringtone, its a simple 'ping' every five seconds

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
awright

Better Call Saul

Postby awright » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:11 pm

I always make the most recent Adam Levine song both my ringtone and text alert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jathko87

Postby jathko87 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:53 am

My ring tone is chewbacca. My work phone is just regular iPhone bullshit but yeah, always on silent. Work phone on vibrate
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:36 am

[youtube]KAYLFZthKjg[/youtube]
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:56 am

This started last night. I am going to have so many TV show podcasts to listen to now!

Return to “Better Call Saul”