Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Incredibles (2004)

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

The Incredibles (2004)

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:41 pm

This was our family movie a couple weekends ago and I forgot to talk about it. It was the first time I saw it in its entirety and first time I watched any of it in probably a decade. Hard to believe this movie is 13 years old. The animation dated it a little bit, but not bad.

I've heard people call this the best Pixar movie and even the best super hero movie ever made. I'm going to have to disagree with both of those statements, but this is a great film regardless. I thought the beginning of the movie did an excellent job of setting up the tension between heroes/citizens and the origin story of the villain. The family was fun and I liked each of the super powers. There is honestly nothing I can say I disliked about the movie, but I don't think it's better than a Toy Story or maybe even Wall-E (which I also haven't seen in multiple years). I think Megamind is a funnier movie, but Incredibles is the better movie, but I couldn't help but compare the two while watching since I just recently watched Megamind.

One scene that stuck out to me specifically was when Elastic Girl was flying the plane and the rockets were chasing them. I knew none of those characters could get hurt, but there was still a lot of tension. I'll post the clip later!

I am looking forward to the sequel.
wags83

The Incredibles (2004)

Postby wags83 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:23 pm

I always liked the Incredibles. I can't believe you hadn't seen it all the way through before now.
Fawlty
On Probation

The Incredibles (2004)

Postby Fawlty » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:28 pm

I never much cared for it but then I only saw it once and I guess that was... hold on... three hundred years ago.

Pauper of the Surf / Jester of Tortuga
Tyler
Owner

The Incredibles (2004)

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:56 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I can't believe you hadn't seen it all the way through before now.

Right, I have no idea how Jocelyn and I avoided it for so long. One of the few Pixar movies I haven't seen in theaters.
Fawlty wrote:Source of the post I only saw it once and I guess that was... hold on... three hundred years ago.

Math checks out.
bmyoungs

The Incredibles (2004)

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:05 pm

I love this movie.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Movies”