Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT - s07e01

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e01

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Tonight. I'll be watching on HBO Now...unless the app crashes because of the load...which it will.
Kath525

GoT - s07e01

Postby Kath525 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Pumped!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e01

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm

I wish they explained more of Ayra's faces last season. The took off the face like it was a rubber mask, but wearing it made her skin old looker, maybe even taller, and you take on the voice/mannerisms of the face?

The Whites have 3 zombie giants?!

How did Jon convince the Northerners that the White Walkers exist? Didn't everyone doubt that?

Awkward...tension between Sansa and Jon! Little Finger loves it.

The Greyjoy that sailed to King's Landing. That is Theon/Reek's uncle, right? He had so many zingers towards Jamie!

There is a very critical situation at the wall. Let's send Sam down south to be a librarian and play with poo.

And suddenly... Ed Sheeran

:cry: That was really sad when The Hound found the father and girl. He's responsible for that!

Smooth move Jorah. Don't grab at people like that!

What is this island that Daenerys is at? Oh...her family's old crib?
Kath525

GoT - s07e01

Postby Kath525 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Good read about the history of Dragonstone especially for those who haven't read the books

https://www.bustle.com/p/what-the-histo ... on-7-70174

Blue Jackets

GoT - s07e01

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 am

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Good read about the history of Dragonstone especially for those who haven't read the books

I thought this scene was great. You were fully expecting Danaerys to sit on the throne, but she walked right past her. I think her "breaking the wheel" means no more iron thrones.

Blue Jackets

GoT - s07e01

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:46 am

I thought it was common knowledge that Dragonstone had Dragon Glass. I feel like Stannis has told Sam this before. If that was the big reveal Sam makes while in the library I will be disappointed.
Blue Jackets

GoT - s07e01

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:50 am

Someone must have been dieting on the ship. His outfit was far too distracting

purple_hayes

GoT - s07e01

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:31 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post

What is this island that Daenerys is at? Oh...her family's old crib?

I haven't watched this yet... but I believe she stops at Dragonstone island first... its her ancestry home but also where Stannis Baratheon was stationed by Robert.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e01

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:21 am

I loved how Sam found that there was dragon glass buried under dragonstone his (seemingly) first night with the restricted books.

That's nice and convenient! Good writing!

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I wish they explained more of Ayra's faces last season. The took off the face like it was a rubber mask, but wearing it made her skin old looker, maybe even taller, and you take on the voice/mannerisms of the face?

Kathryn and I talked about this last night and we have both come to terms with the fact that it's magic and she has a part of the many faced god with her. We know that magic exists in this universe so I accept that it's just magic! Magic doesn't need an explanation.

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Someone must have been dieting on the ship. His outfit was far too distracting

His outfit was definitely a little distracting, but I thought it was cool.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post And suddenly... Ed Sheeran

This was so annoying to me. He is too famous to just be this stupid minor character. Really pulled me out of the show. Kathryn said that they did this with david hasselhoff and i just apparently don't remember that.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post How did Jon convince the Northerners that the White Walkers exist? Didn't everyone doubt that?

He's the king of the north.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e01

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:21 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post There is a very critical situation at the wall. Let's send Sam down south to be a librarian and play with poo.

In sam's defense he sucks with everything but books.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e01

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:35 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post I thought it was common knowledge that Dragonstone had Dragon Glass. I feel like Stannis has told Sam this before. If that was the big reveal Sam makes while in the library I will be disappointed.

If I recall correctly, Sam said something along the lines of Stannis mentioning it but Sam didn't believe him.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e01

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I loved how Sam found that there was dragon glass buried under dragonstone his (seemingly) first night with the restricted books.

Haha. Good point. I agree with BlueJackets. This seems more like common knowledge than some hidden secret.
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Kathryn and I talked about this last night and we have both come to terms with the fact that it's magic and she has a part of the many faced god with her. We know that magic exists in this universe so I accept that it's just magic! Magic doesn't need an explanation.

You're right. I need to stop trying to figure it out.
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Kathryn said that they did this with david hasselhoff and i just apparently don't remember that.

I don't think this ever happened?
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e01

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:23 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I don't think this ever happened?

/shrug
Kath525

GoT - s07e01

Postby Kath525 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:28 am

Tyler wrote:
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Kathryn said that they did this with david hasselhoff and i just apparently don't remember that.

I don't think this ever happened?

Sorry I meant Ian McShane. I was tired.

CrckrJack

GoT - s07e01

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 am

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Sorry I meant Ian McShane. I was tired.

Now i am wondering if Ian McShane is less famous than Ed Sheeran. I know that David Hasselhoff is more famous than him.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e01

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 am

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Sorry I meant Ian McShane. I was tired.

LOL! You got Ian McShane and David Hasselhoff confused?!

McShane felt more natural because...
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Ian Mcshane is a phenomenal actor.

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the postIan McShane is a phenomenal actor.

I thought he disappeared into the role. Ed is not an actor. He is a British pop icon and stood out like a sore thumb in that scene.

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Now i am wondering if Ian McShane is less famous than Ed Sheeran

Ian McShane is more famous...right? Ed has only been popular for a few years.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e01

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:49 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Ian McShane is more famous...right? Ed has only been popular for a few years.

who knows.

Anyways that whole scene was very forced. Here a bunch of soldiers are giving a young lady traveler their entire life stories without any provocation.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e01

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Anyways that whole scene was very forced. Here a bunch of soldiers are giving a young lady traveler their entire life stories without any provocation.

Aside from the Ed stuff, I really liked the scene actually.
Good post about the scene and why it was important. https://imgur.com/gallery/OLoig
Kath525

GoT - s07e01

Postby Kath525 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:05 am

Tyler wrote:What is this island that Daenerys is at? Oh...her family's old crib?

Seriously read this it's cool

CrckrJack

GoT - s07e01

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:21 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Aside from the Ed stuff, I really liked the scene actually.
Good post about the scene and why it was important. https://imgur.com/gallery/OLoig

I agree that the content of the scene was good, but the writing of it was poor. They could have found another way to show this, or even not had it at all. They are basically saying the same thing twice in two different scenes (Jamie and Cersei and the soldiers). So the only new information you get is that arya isn't going to just go around killing Lannisters because they are Lannisters.

Return to “Game of Thrones”