Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Talk about anything.
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:12 pm

I bought a fit bit charge hr 2 a couple months ago for $70. Does a good enough job with important notifications, calls texts, and calendar appointments. Satisfied my desire for a smart watch

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:15 pm

bmyoungs wrote:I bought a fit bit charge hr 2 a couple months ago for $70. Does a good enough job with important notifications, calls texts, and calendar appointments. Satisfied my desire for a smart watch

I think that's what Crkcrjack has that. That displays texts for messages or just lights up/vibrates when you get a message?

Why didn't you tell us when it was $70?! I would have done that.
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:I bought a fit bit charge hr 2 a couple months ago for $70. Does a good enough job with important notifications, calls texts, and calendar appointments. Satisfied my desire for a smart watch

I think that's what Crkcrjack has that. That displays texts for messages or just lights up/vibrates when you get a message?

Why didn't you tell us when it was $70?! I would have done that.
No it has a display that shows who it's from and part of the message. I actually like the calendar reminders best for my lessons

Tyler
Owner

Re: Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Very cool. I want that. We are fighting since you got it and I didn't.
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:07 pm

I do like the sleep tracking and the size. Don't think I could wear a massive watch all day every day like this

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:12 pm

bmyoungs wrote:I do like the sleep tracking and the size. Don't think I could wear a massive watch all day every day like this

My Fitbit Flex 2 does sleep tracking. I like looking at that, but I think it assumed I sleep more than I do. I'll be awake checking on Evie and it doesn't show it the next day.

I'm going to add you as a friend on Fitbit.
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:33 am

I think it's more accurate with the heart rate monitor. Mine seems to a pretty good job at showing how little sleep I get

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:12 am

bmyoungs wrote:I think it's more accurate with the heart rate monitor. Mine seems to a pretty good job at showing how little sleep I get

True. I forgot yours does HR too

Thanks for adding me, it wouldn't let me for some reason. I'm use to having the most steps out of my friends, but you're beating me on average by 4k steps day. Who would have thought that golfer gets more steps then an IT guy...
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:I think it's more accurate with the heart rate monitor. Mine seems to a pretty good job at showing how little sleep I get

True. I forgot yours does HR too

Thanks for adding me, it wouldn't let me for some reason. I'm use to having the most steps out of my friends, but you're beating me on average by 4k steps day. Who would have thought that golfer gets more steps then an IT guy...
I had 95000 steps this week. My legs certainly feel like it too

blake

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby blake » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:57 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
blake wrote:How I feel right now too

Who wants to take bets that Blake buys the Apple Watch by end of year?

Nov 17th 2017 I owned an Apple watch series 3
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:05 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I'm a little disappointed Derek or myself didn't make a wise ass Simpsons reference.

Every time I see this thread, I get a little more disappointed.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:29 pm

Congrats Blake
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Mon May 07, 2018 6:47 am

I wear a nice watch almost every day. It's shorts weather now and I feel silly wearing a nice watch with shorts. I also wear a fitbit flex 2 all day everyday. I'm thinking about getting something to combine the two. I can't get a full on smartwatch because of my tiny wrists. It just wouldnt work.

I am considering something like this...
Garmin Vivofit 4
1 year battery!
$80

Does anyone else wear a fitness tracker that also has a clock?
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Tue May 08, 2018 7:14 am

Tyler wrote:I wear a nice watch almost every day. It's shorts weather now and I feel silly wearing a nice watch with shorts. I also wear a fitbit flex 2 all day everyday. I'm thinking about getting something to combine the two. I can't get a full on smartwatch because of my tiny wrists. It just wouldnt work.

I am considering something like this...
Garmin Vivofit 4
1 year battery!
$80

Does anyone else wear a fitness tracker that also has a clock?
My Fitbit charge is also a watch. I've kind of stopped wearing it though. I might get a real smart watch for better notification support

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Corey
Site Admin

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Corey » Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

If you're getting something, at least get an Wear OS watch so that you can have the best notification experience. All the other ones that say they do notifications seem to suck. After wearing mine for a few years, notifications are really the only thing that keep me wearing it (other than telling the time).
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Tue May 08, 2018 7:27 am

Corey wrote:Source of the post If you're getting something, at least get an Wear OS watch so that you can have the best notification experience. All the other ones that say they do notifications seem to suck. After wearing mine for a few years, notifications are really the only thing that keep me wearing it (other than telling the time).

I don't really care if I get notifications though. At work my phone is on the desk the whole time and at home my phone is near me. The only time it would maybe matter if I was mowing or something, but I'm also not going to stop mowing to check a text, it can wait 45 minutes.

I mainly want a pedometer that syncs to my work's health stuff and a clock. Notifications would be a bonus, but not something I really care about. And remember...tiny wrists.
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:52 pm

I had a wild hair up my butt today to get Jocelyn a smarch. I've been thinking about doing it for our anniversary, but decided to do it a month early so she could have in on vacation. Went with the Garmin Vivomove HR. I did zero research ahead of time and picked it only on looks. It's pretty unique because it doesn't look like a smarch at all. It has an real analog face, as in real hands, not a display. The display is actually hidden under the watch face and only the bottom half. It does full notifications and way more health tracking than a normal person would need. No Android watch OS stuff tho, so no mic for Google Assistant or replying to the message.

I almost went with theFitbit Versa, but that one clearly looks like a smarch. I thought Jocelyn would appreciate the looks of the vivomove more, and she does. Both had a battery of 4+ days. Versa seems way more geared to fitness, with biking, swimming, outdoor running, treadmill, etc tracking modes. The Vivomove seems like a slimmed down fitness tracker, which will be fine for her use.

If she doesn't like it after our vacation I'll have her return it for a different smarch or just not use one. I also looked at Fossil, but theirs were considerably more expensive...but they did have Android watch OS
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I'm a little disappointed Derek or myself didn't make a wise ass Simpsons reference.

Every time I see this thread, I get a little more disappointed.

every. single. time.
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:53 am

Do I get the smoke one?
I'm worried it will look dumb on my tiny arms
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Do I get the smoke one?
I'm worried it will look dumb on my tiny arms

Corey peer pressured me into it. I want instant gratification and it is available for pickup. I'll return if I don't end up liking it.

Return to “Off Topic”