Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Coldest and hottest you've ever felt

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm

I was outside for 4 hours today rolling extension cords for a volunteer event that puts on a light show, it was sub zero most of the day. I put in hand warmers and toe warmers and I was fine though. Made me think of the coldest or warmest I've ever felt.

Coldest: Black Friday at Best Buy. Trying to sleep in a trailer with no heater on. It was probably twenties out and I was sleeping in a sleepingbag meant for sleepovers, not outdoors. I made the mistake of leaving my shoes on at night and it was the coldest my feet have ever felt. I took my shoes off and it helped a lot.

Warmest: Nothing is jumping out at me. I can usually handle the heat pretty well, I actually like mowing when it's 100+ degrees outside. It's a good kind of torture.

I remember moving a couch up some dorm stairs for the Huss Busses. It was a hot August day and there is no way the staircase had AC. We got to the top only to realize the couch didn't fit. We had to go back down 4 flights and try a 2nd staircase. That was probably the sweatiest I've ever been
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:39 pm

My first Black Friday when I got super sick. My feet felt like literal blocks of ice.

Hottest probably some foolish day where I went skating during the day instead of the evening.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:45 pm

I think the Black Friday where we slept in the tent huddled around the propane heater or when four of us slept in the ice shack were coldest I've felt.

Warmest I've felt was playing tennis one summer in 100 degree heat. I got so sick from heat exhaustion.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post My first Black Friday when I got super sick. My feet felt like literal blocks of ice.

Have you had chocolate milk since?

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I think the Black Friday where we slept in the tent huddled around the propane heater or when four of us slept in the ice shack were coldest I've felt.

We should have slept in the cars! I think we usually started with the heater on but then felt like we better turn it off so we didn't catch fire.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Have you had chocolate milk since?

Yes I have had chocolate milk after that incident, but I don't drink dairy anymore.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm not sure on coldest. Probably one of the black fridays. BockFest was pretty cold a few years ago but I was bundled up enough that I was comfortable.

Two times come to mind for hottest. One was working at Chase we had a delivery of a bunch of sheetrock to a new house build out in the country. It was 100+ out and super humid in the middle of the afternoon. We had to haul all this sheetrock into the basement of this partially completed house, obviously no AC, out in the middle of the country with no tree cover and the sun beating down on us. One of the construction guys had to stop helping us because he was getting heat exhaustion and started puking. It was terrible.

The other time was after climbing to the top of Nohoch Mul at Coba in Mexico. Getting to the top with the sun beating down and no wind felt like an oven.
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:34 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I was outside for 4 hours today rolling extension cords for a volunteer event that puts on a light show, it was sub zero most of the day. I put in hand warmers and toe warmers and I was fine though. Made me think of the coldest or warmest I've ever felt

Coldest: Black Friday at Best Buy. Trying to sleep in a trailer with no heater on. It was probably twenties out and I was sleeping in a sleepingbag meant for sleepovers, not outdoors. I made the mistake of leaving my shoes on at night and it was the coldest my feet have ever felt. I took my shoes off and it helped a lot.

Warmest: Nothing is jumping out at me. I can usually handle the heat pretty well, I actually like mowing when it's 100+ degrees outside. It's a good kind of torture.

I remember moving a couch up some dorm stairs for the Huss Busses. It was a hot August day and there is no way the staircase had AC. We got to the top only to realize the couch didn't fit. We had to go back down 4 flights and try a 2nd staircase. That was probably the sweatiest I've ever been

werd that is probably one of warmest, but also for me had some really hot and humid days will doing landscaping

Return to “Off Topic”