Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Silicon Valley

Discuss your favorite shows
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:13 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post but he is okay with hacking a company's product and pushing a fake update to it? I would think the boys would be in legal trouble for this.

It's not legal, but in this case, it was entirely accidental, so they will likely just get the data off and be done with it.

The last episode made me think everything was done for them. They did a really good job with a sense of dread around everything. Richard actually having power might make the Belson and Richard troupe nice again.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:47 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Richard actually having power might make the Belson and Richard troupe nice again.

Richard has always been an egotistical prick, but he was out of control this season, specifically the back 3rd. I hope he reigns it in a little bit so we can root for him again
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby Blue Jackets » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Silicon Valley reimagined as a romantic dramedy from the 90's with Jared and Richard being the lovers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqhRxVf6YS4
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:04 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Keenan = Palmer Luckey. Luckey started Oculus and sold it to Facebook.

Lucky's Twitter is a picture of Keenan from Silicon Valley.

https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:27 am

Tyler
Owner

Re: Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:46 am

I feel like this just ended. I hope this season doesn't follow the same format that they have been doing
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:51 pm

I need to check this out. Image
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:48 am

Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:45 am

s05e01
"I know what it's like to be able to save only half of your family, and it's awful."
“We never had pizza because my stepmom said Italians aren’t real white people.”
Jared's one liners are what make this show.

Laurie inducing and then returning to work the same day. Classic Laurie move. "Congratulations...? For what?"

I was surprised the 63 people hired by Hooli didn't quit and call Richard up asking for a job. Richard being pity and muscling SliceLine into bankruptcy was funnier, but I think the Hooli people would come begging to Richard.

What is going to be causing the bump in Box 2.0 sales?

Not sure how Jian Yang's plot will fair without Erlich. I thought it was interesting he had insight on how the pizza company was losing money by reboxing, but that went nowhere since it was just about mailing a dead body. I was hoping Jian Yang would end up being a supply chain management genius.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:46 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Not sure how Jian Yang's plot will fair without Erlich. I thought it was interesting he had insight on how the pizza company was losing money by reboxing, but that went nowhere since it was just about mailing a dead body. I was hoping Jian Yang would end up being a supply chain management genius.

Could still happen. He puts in a lot of effort to screw over Erlich. If PP could find a scheme to profit their business by screwing him over, they'd probably be in a win-win there.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am

s05e02
I can still expect some good laughs from this show, but that's about it. There is plenty of time to turn the plot around, but I don't like what they are doing right now. Jian Yang was a funny character when he was paired with Bachman, but him being the season villain is dumb. Nothing makes sense how he is becoming owner of the estate and kicking the guys out. I hope they just find a new place to live and move on, but I know that won't happen.

I'm glad the coders decided to come back after Richard proved himself as a hard worker. I didn't want the issue of them having to pay 50 employees that decided they wouldn't look for a new job because Richard promised them money. Was it believable Richard did the work of 50 people? No, but I'll let it slide since it brought the team together.

The signature sub-plot was predictable, but I still laughed at the reveal of the winning signature. Also a signature for a signature.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:05 am

s05e03
I actually liked this episode a lot. Jared finally gets the position he's deserved since the start. The episode followed the traditional arc of something bad happening that is going to close the business, but at the last second something out of nowhere saves the day. However, Gilfoyle finding the privacy code in the fridge wasn't out as left field as other plot points have been. They established earlier in the episode that the fridge company didn't really know what they were doing.

How is Danish so dumb? He should know immediately who the mole is.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:35 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post s05e03
I actually liked this episode a lot. Jared finally gets the position he's deserved since the start. The episode followed the traditional arc of something bad happening that is going to close the business, but at the last second something out of nowhere saves the day. However, Gilfoyle finding the privacy code in the fridge wasn't out as left field as other plot points have been. They established earlier in the episode that the fridge company didn't really know what they were doing.

How is Danish so dumb? He should know immediately who the mole is.

This episode was good. it was like the whole season arc in a single episode. I liked it a lot.

Danesh is an idiot.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 am

Such a great character. If the show was full of Richards it wouldn't work.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:23 am

s05e04
Meh. The bear is sticky with honey was a funny little thing, but nothing really great happened otherwise. I do not want Jin Yang to go to China and make a new new internet
"how did he get our code?"
"he's always here getting snacks, he must have gotten it then"
Wut?! That is such a stupid reason and not possible.

I am glad they figured out the mole. Would have been embarrassing if that went undiscovered any longer.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue May 08, 2018 6:56 am

Something good, something bad, something good, something bad!!

Yes, Silicon Valley is very stale but I'm still enjoying it enough to continue. This week's crypto episode only bored Jocelyn to literal sleep a few times.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:53 am

I liked this last episode a lot. I enjoy this season just as much as Season 1. Yeah, it follows a formula, but it works. Every week, I just wonder how they can make Jared more weird, and they succeed each time.

When Jared stormed after the intern, I lost it.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Thu May 10, 2018 1:25 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:I liked this last episode a lot. I enjoy this season just as much as Season 1. Yeah, it follows a formula, but it works. Every week, I just wonder how they can make Jared more weird, and they succeed each time.

When Jared stormed after the intern, I lost it.
Lolz. Jared is for sure the best part of the show. "did he tell you to tell me about the sandwich?"

Return to “Shows”