Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Greatest Showman - Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Rebecca Ferguson, Zendaya

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

The Greatest Showman - Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Rebecca Ferguson, Zendaya

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 am

Inspired by the imagination of P.T. Barnum, The Greatest Showman is an original musical that celebrates the birth of show business and tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9QtXwC9vc
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:07 am

I've been seeing a preview for this before movies for 7 years it feels like.

I also didn't know it was a musical, but I should have realized that given the cast full of singers.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 am

I really enjoy musicals. I think they would be hard to see in theaters without subtitles though.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Watched this Saturday. I liked it. Was a fun movie/musical even though it's not entirely accurate.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: The Greatest Showman - Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Rebecca Ferguson, Zendaya

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 am

DannyFanny wrote:Watched this Saturday. I liked it. Was a fun movie/musical even though it's not entirely accurate.
Were you familiar with the true story going into the movie or you researched it after?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Were you familiar with the true story going into the movie or you researched it after?

Maria said it wasn't accurate. I'm not sure how she knows though.
I've pieced together some of his story from various podcasts.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:09 pm

I can comfortably say that this is my favorite movie of 2017.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: The Greatest Showman - Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Rebecca Ferguson, Zendaya

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:35 pm

CrckrJack wrote:I can comfortably say that this is my favorite movie of 2017.
Waaaaat?!?! That's insane.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Greatest Showman - Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Rebecca Ferguson, Zendaya

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 am

This movie has some serious legs. Still in smallish theaters and it came out Dec 8.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:25 pm

It was a fun movie. Maria has seen it like 2 or 3 times, and her sister has seen it over 4+ times.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 pm

DannyFanny wrote:It was a fun movie. Maria has seen it like 2 or 3 times, and her sister has seen it over 4+ times.
Wow!!! Do they regularly see the same movie in theaters? Are they movie pass holders?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:It was a fun movie. Maria has seen it like 2 or 3 times, and her sister has seen it over 4+ times.
Wow!!! Do they regularly see the same movie in theaters? Are they movie pass holders?

Nope. They just like it that much.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Watched this over the weekend since it's out on digital now. I did really enjoy some of the specific songs/choreography, but this movie largely wasn't for me and I knew that going into it. I could watch Efron and Jackman sing at a bar while the bartender waited on them all day though.

I would like to see a biopic about the real story though, because it is much darker and not so jolly. I'm not saying the movie was wrong in the way it presented things, it achieved it's goal of being entertaining, but I want to know the details between the songs that the movie glossed over.

Return to “Movies”