Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Discuss your favorite movies
wags83

A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby wags83 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:15 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post I also noticed that the kids were having a hard time getting the fire to stay lit and grow (she kept having to pour lighter fluid on it), so another thought I had is that maybe they light a fire and everyone else lights it in response to say "We're ok" but maybe they didn't see it because the kids' fire wasn't big enough...I don't know. I assume everyone else is dead.

That could be...I guess it did show him lighting his fire first, but that seems like a bad plan. Everyone assumes everyone is dead because the first guy can't light his fire.

Yeah, that's probably not it. The best plan would be everyone light your fire at sundown so we know you're safe. It did seem to be later, so maybe everyone else had lit their fires for the night without us seeing it and the kids were trying to call for help. But that would mean the other people saw that Krasinski's family's fire wasn't lit and didn't really do anything about it. Maybe it's more of an informational fire lighting than any sort of call to action. Like, "Oh by the way honey, the neighbors didn't light their fire tonight. Looks like we have one less neighbor now" and nobody is going to do anything about it.

On a similar note, there's no way the neighbors didn't see/hear the huge fireworks that were set off. So that right there should give them a heads up that "Hey, things aren't going great over here"
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post even having sleeping gas ready for the baby and the coffin/crib

I also thought it was sleeping gas, but Kathryn said it was oxygen, which makes more sense.

My only gripes are the electricity and the corn. Too much corn to do by hand. Not sure where they are getting their electricity. I could see if they had solar panels, but I didn't see any. Also not sure how they are running the lights at night.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 am

Oh and also the 3 minutes of labor.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I also thought it was sleeping gas, but Kathryn said it was oxygen, which makes more sense.

I actually assume it was oxygen too. I hadn't considered sleeping gas until Tyler posted.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 am

So the mask itself is just just to muffle the sound, and the oxygen is so the baby can still breath. That makes sense when the baby is eventually put into the box. Right after the baby was born and starting making noises I assumed it was sleeping gas since it seemed to have stopped the baby.

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Maybe it's more of an informational fire lighting than any sort of call to action

That was my take. No one is expected to help anyone, but it's nice to know you aren't in this alone. Assuming we are even right about multiple families alive.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:10 pm

My podcast dudes were pretty hard on this movie. They said it was so good to being perfect that they couldn't help pick it apart for only being "good".

Things that they pointed out that we haven't:
-how exactly did the basement flood? Why was there a giant barrel of water there?
-how did the creature get into the flooded basement?
-there is zero reason for a nail to be like that. I originally thought it was a splinter from the laundry catching (which would make sense), but a nail is silly
Watson2000

Postby Watson2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post My podcast dudes were pretty hard on this movie. They said it was so good to being perfect that they couldn't help pick it apart for only being "good".

Things that they pointed out that we haven't:
-how exactly did the basement flood? Why was there a giant barrel of water there?
-how did the creature get into the flooded basement?
-there is zero reason for a nail to be like that. I originally thought it was a splinter from the laundry catching (which would make sense), but a nail is silly

I thought the same about the nail. Maybe the nail head coming up, but the nail pushing through? Odd.

The other two didn't bother me.
Watson2000

Postby Watson2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Tyler wrote:One complaint...
the whiteboard in the basement. BLIND. ATTACKS SOUNDS. WEAKNESS? Did Krasinki have no faith in the audience?

Yes! The first time I saw that, I was wondering who that was for... Then you find out they don't let the kids down there, so it's not reminding them. Is daddy just wanting to frustrate himself by pointing out they know of no weaknesses?

Kind of wish he would of had another white board next to it with pros and cons of the monsters...

PROS
No "friendly" neighbor annoying me
Don't have to go to work
Wife can't yell at me
Kids don't tend to fight

CONS
Ate my kid
Can't fart or burp whenever I want
Can't hammer any loose or sticking up nails
Not going to see the last season of Game of Thrones
And so on...
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Watson2000 wrote:Kind of wish he would of had another white board next to it with pros and cons of the monsters...

PROS
No "friendly" neighbor annoying me
Don't have to go to work
Wife can't yell at me
Kids don't tend to fight

CONS
Ate my kid
Can't fart or burp whenever I want
Can't hammer any loose or sticking up nails
Not going to see the last season of Game of Thrones
And so on...

LOL. That's great stuff.
Travis

Postby Travis » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:35 pm

I want to see this movie.
Tyler
Owner

Re: A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 pm

From Sam aka SirBobeDole on the topic of the corn still standing:

It's an annual so it should die in the fall, but if not harvested it "could" still be standing for that long but more than likely alot would fall over from wind and other elements
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:50 pm

It was all green in the movie, wasn't it? That would mean it was planted that year.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:05 pm

wags83 wrote:It was all green in the movie, wasn't it? That would mean it was planted that year.
I don't remember it being green, but it could have. I was thinking fall color?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:10 pm

That could be...either way, I don't think it was 2 year old corn.
Tyler
Owner

Re: A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:01 pm

I like the theory that the family in the movie has lived so long because of the deaf daughter. They all knew sign language before the aliens so they had a quiet method of communication to use
Travis

Postby Travis » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Going to this tonight.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:21 am

Article gives zero information. I think a prequel would be interesting?
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:52 pm

saw it sat. I really liked, just something different. I agree that a prequel would be interesting. how did they come about.

I did wonder why the things didn't case after them when the kid got snatched before the bridge

Return to “Movies”