Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero - animated WWI hero dog

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero - animated WWI hero dog

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:03 am

We jump at any chance to take the toddler to a movie, so this weekend we invited cwilkins and his twin girls to Sgt. Stubby. After watching the trailer I was expecting this to be a very bad movie. The trailer is not put together well at all and I wasn't sure how they would handle WWI while still keeping it kid friendly. We decided we would go though since we saw it was in the 90's on RT.

I'm pleased to see that the movie was entertaining and Evie loved it. 3 times during the movie she shouted "I like this movie!". The movie had scary things like shooting and mustard gas, but it didn't show anyone getting shot or really hurt. They showed people that were "injured" who looked perfectly fine, but the characters would say how bad it looked.

I'll admit I also learned some things about WWI. Such as, the war was to officially end at 11am and everyone know that was the agreed upon time, but US fought until the very end even though they were going to win. Soldiers died that morning who could have lived if US just held tight for the morning.

Jocelyn fact checked the movie and it's crazy how accurate the movie was. This dog was truly amazing.

A stray dog - Sgt. Stubby - gets adopted by a soldier while training for World War I. For his valorous actions, Sgt. Stubby is still recognized as the most decorated dog in American history.
Wikipedia page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv_vO182_kA

Return to “Movies”