Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Baby monitors

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Baby monitors

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Wags is gearing up for his baby and just bought a monitor. Bmyoungs wanted him to get one that uses your phone, I said to get one that doesn't have internet and uses a standalone display.

Bmyoungs, why do you recommend an IP camera? I said no to that because I like sitting in the basement without having to keep an eye on my phone.

I have the sound very low. It turns red when it detects loud sounds in the room and I can still hear her if she is really upset. Can turn the video on with the push of a button. I plug it in at night and leave it on my nightstand so I can hear if she needs anything. Image
wags83

Baby monitors

Postby wags83 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:38 pm

This is the one we got: https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Power-s ... 7D4PYYZF13
I set it up and it seems like it'll work fine for what we want. Haven't really played with all the features yet.
Tyler
Owner

Baby monitors

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:53 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Haven't really played with all the features yet.

We use our very basically. Don't ever use the mic/speaker because it scares Evie to hear our voices coming from the ceiling. We didn't even use ours for the first few months because we were paranoid parents and didn't leave her napping alone.
bmyoungs

Baby monitors

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:01 pm

I love just having the IP camera, but Marshall is also a great sleeper so watching him has never been an issue. I like being able to open the app and look at him while at work, or if he is staying at the in-laws they have same camera so easy to have same set up.

I think it's a better visual also compared to the monitors so when he first starts sleeping in his own room it was nice to actually see that he was indeed breathing!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Erin

Baby monitors

Postby Erin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:13 am

There are way too many decisions of what kind of ____ to buy for your baby before they arrive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Baby monitors

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I like being able to open the app and look at him while at work, or if he is staying at the in-laws they have same camera so easy to have same set up.

That's a good point. When we go to Sheldon I've brought my $20 IP camera before because it's just 1 thing to plug in.
Tyler
Owner

Baby monitors

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:29 am

Erin wrote:Source of the post There are way too many decisions of what kind of ____ to buy for your baby before they arrive.

Pamper Swaddlers for diapers. Amazon Basics for baby wipes
bmyoungs

Baby monitors

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Target up and ups for diapers Amazon wipes

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Baby monitors

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:32 pm

I wish I had an IP baby monitor so I could watch it from my watch like I can with my security cameras
Erin

Baby monitors

Postby Erin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 am

Good to know Amazon wipes are a crowd favorite. We were gifted Pampers and a big case of Babyganics wipes, but I've heard organic wipes just tend to smear poop around

Maybe one day we'll be as high tech as you guys.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Return to “Off Topic”