Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Defense Grid 2 - Oculus

Tyler
Owner

Defense Grid 2 - Oculus

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:46 am

Basically 'Bloons with guns. It was on sale so I bought for Rift and Go. I really wanted the Go version to work well so I could refund the Rift one and just play on there. The Go version has very slimmed down graphics tho. The models have way less polygons. I'm going to refund the Go one and keep Rift and crank super sampling up to 2.0

Bmyoungs and wags played the free demo and were in the scoreboard. I liked the gameplay and will play more. It's a nice change of pace to sit down and casually play a strategy game instead of slashing away with light sabers.
CrckrJack

Defense Grid 2 - Oculus

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:58 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Basically 'Bloons with guns.

Consider me intrigued
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Defense Grid 2 - Oculus

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:17 pm

CrckrJack wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Basically 'Bloons with guns.

Consider me intrigued
Oculus exclusive, so you would need to use Revive which is really easy. But if you're taking the 30 seconds to set up revive there are better Rift games for you to play on my account.

And this game is exactly Bloons. Baddies come down a track, you set up different towers that have different powers against different enemies. Can upgrade towers and even block the baddies path and force them to go elsewhere.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Defense Grid 2 - Oculus

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Had super sampling up to 2.0 but wasn't getting steady 90 for. Changed to 1.6 and looks as clear as something can on the Rift.

Played 2 more levels tonight. A lot of sitting around and waiting for money but luckily there is a fast forward and even rewind button.
Tyler
Owner

Defense Grid 2 - Oculus

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:56 am

I'm really enjoying this game. I find it very relaxing, almost therapeutic, to play. I've been gold starring all levels on "normal". I think I am about halfway done with the entire game. 12/25 levels I think?
Tyler
Owner

Defense Grid 2 - Oculus

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 am

Biweekly check in to this thread. I've started listening to podcast while playing the game because sound isn't very important to gameplay. I could relax like this all night.
Tyler
Owner

Defense Grid 2 - Oculus

Postby Tyler » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Another solo-Tyler-VR-thread.
Beat the main campaign tonight. Gold on all 20 levels and found all 100 hidden items. I still have 5 levels to play, not sure what those are since campaign is done. I found a combo of weapons that worked very well, so I basically stuck to that for the last 7 levels. Things got a little easy on Normal difficulty, but I enjoyed it because I was playing on 3x speed and listening to my stories (podcasts).
Tyler
Owner

Defense Grid 2 - Oculus

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:19 pm

I did it. I beat all 25 levels on normal. Gold on all and found all 125 hidden collectibles.

I really enjoyed this game as a sitting VR game. It's not a game to show off VR, but it was so relaxing.

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”