Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Wilkins List of Horror Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Discuss your favorite movies
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:42 am

Tau (2018) - This movie is about a girl who is captured into a super smart house by some nerd who is the CEO of a company that makes AI. So obviously his house has super AI and shit. He captures people who have to family to have them solve tasks to help program the AI and blah blah.

The only reason I watched this movie is because the lead from 'It Follows' was in this. It was entertaining enough, but the whole thing was about befriending an AI, which is arguably super stupid. I watched it, and left saying 'meh'. In no way was this horror though, mostly just boring.

5/10.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:26 pm

The Cured - This is one of them netflix movies with Ellen Page. There was a zombie outbreak and then there was a cure. About 90% of all people could be cured, but there were some with a different strain that couldn't be. As such, the public had an incredible fear that the people who were cured would revert back to their former selves. Because of that, the government chips them, follows them, assigns them work, etc. Essentially they are put on a lifelong probation and are segrated, basically treated like shit all the time.

It's worse because the cured zombies can remember everything they've done, so if they killed a family member, they were not only shunned by their families, but remembered doing all of it and felt guilty about something they didn't control.

Some of the zombies are tired of being treated like shit and decide to do something about it.

This was a decent enough movie. Not scary, and it was more political uprising movie than horror, but it was well executed. The zombies were super creepy with their bond that they shared during zombie and post-zombie forms.

I'd give this a 6.5ish/10.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:27 pm

Borderlands - This movie kind of sucked. Found footage, go to a church, church has the devil, blah blah, we hear kids screaming at night, please film it and determine whether it needs an exorcism or not, or if its more bull shennanigans.

Plot twist! It's not shennanigans! Ahhhhh, slow creepy movie. No, this is basically just paranomal activity, but with shittier cameras.

5/10 maybe?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Beneath - This is a movie about a coal miners daughter. Her father is retiring, and on his last shift, she goes with him into a very deep mine, to prove she still approves of the family business (she does environmental journalism and the effects of coal), so her family isn't too happy with her.

They get into the mine, and the mine collapses. They have to go into this huge HAB tank, where they can breath and wait to be dug out. But one of the missing miners trashes the oxygen tanks to the HAB. As time wears on, people go insane and they all basically just kill each other.

4/10. This movie blows.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Wilkins List of Horror Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:13 pm

How are you watching all of these?!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post How are you watching all of these?!

I watched Tau on Friday and PyeWacket on Saturday. The other three movies I had watched somewhere in the last 3-4 weeks. I have a list up top that I still have to write a review on.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:26 pm

The Evil in Us (2018) - College kids go to a cabin in the woods, party. Do some cocaine, turns them into super angry monsters who kill each other. It's weird describing this plot as cliche, but it really is. Movie sucked.

However, it did give me some of the worst nightmares I've ever had. I really enjoy nightmares when I sleep, but I definitely woke up sweating. Movie still sucked though.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:41 am

Man Vs. (2015). This starts off as a Bear Grylls style type documentary that a guy is making, but then he starts getting hunted using his own traps. He sets up a rabbit trap and a bigger one is set up with food so that he takes it, that kind of shit.

It's interesting for all but five minutes and then you see it's aliens, and now its probably the worst movie I've ever seen. 2/10.
Last edited by cwilkins88 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:05 am

Lol, great summary.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:06 am

I feel like if i say any more, it'll validate its creation.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Wilkins List of Horror Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Man Vs. (2015). This starts off as a Bear Grylls style type documentary that a guy is making, but then he starts getting hunted using his own traps. He sets up a rabbit trap and a bigger one is set up with food so that he takes it, that kind of shit.

It's interesting for all but five minutes and then you see it's aliens, and now its probably the worst movie I've ever seen. 2/10.
This sounds like a comedy. It's meant to be a horror?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:54 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Man Vs. (2015). This starts off as a Bear Grylls style type documentary that a guy is making, but then he starts getting hunted using his own traps. He sets up a rabbit trap and a bigger one is set up with food so that he takes it, that kind of shit.

This sounds like a comedy. It's meant to be a horror?

Yeah, at no time, was this intended to be a comedy. This movie could've been done well, but that would have required different writers, actors, cameramen, and directors.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:42 am

Beyond the Gates - Fukt up Jumanji. 5/10.

Return to “Movies”