Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Mission Impossible 6 Fallout

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:04 am

Not watching the trailer, I will see this movie in theaters regardless.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:44 am

‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’: Tom Cruise Jumped Out of Plane 106 Times for Skydive Stunt

Unrelated, but the cinematographer is the same one from Annihilation. This movie is going to look amazing based on the previews.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:20 am

I'm really excited for this movie. I haven't been disappointed by a MI movie
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 am

Tyler
Owner

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout

Postby Tyler » Tue May 29, 2018 2:47 pm

Saw the same trailer this weekend in front of Deadpool and I love when Henry Cavil cocks his arms as if they are guns. It doesn't make sense, but it looks so cool synced with the beat. I'm excited for this movie. Someday I'll rewatch all of them.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:44 am

2 weeks out, but reviews were released. 98%. 40 positive, 1 negative critic
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post 2 weeks out, but reviews were released. 98%. 40 positive, 1 negative critic

Tim's at it again is he... only human to give 'Get Out' a bad review.... CURSE YOU TIM!!!
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:34 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I love when Henry Cavil cocks his arms as if they are guns. It doesn't make sense, but it looks so cool synced with the beat.

Does Henry Cavill’s arms actually make noise in Mission Impossible: Fallout?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:17 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Does Henry Cavill’s arms actually make noise in Mission Impossible: Fallout?

Definitely sound editing.
>>>If there’s any sound editing going on, it’s them having to lower the volume of his arms because of how loud they are.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:30 am

What a great action movie. Some of the coolest action set pieces I've seen. The movie isn't without it's flaws, but overall I thought it was excellent. Mission Impossible franchise may be one of my favorite. These movies are always entertaining.

Slight spoilers? It's not going to ruin anything since the action pieces are why you will see this movie in theaters, not because of the story.

We need to first talk about Henry Cavil cocking his arms. It DOES make sound in the movie and not from the background music. I think it was him taking 2 breaths to pump himself up. IMDB says him doing that with his arms was improved. I want to give a shotout to the trailer. They framed the trailer in such a good way that it looked like Cruise and Cavil were fighting each other, but in reality they were fighting together against a 3rd person. This scene happened early in the movie, whereas I was expecting it in the back half. This was also one of the best scenes in the movie, the choreography was just as impressive as Dare Devil s01 hallway scene. I read this scene was suppose to take 4 days to shoot, but it took 4 weeks.

Some other amazing action stuff:
-The jump out of the airplane into a lighting storm. I have never seen that in a movie before. Loved how all of that was filmed to look like one long take (I think?). Some of the best skydiving stunt/CGI mix I've ever seen. Cruise supposedly trained a year for a HALO (high altitude, low open) jump, so some of it was real.
-When Cavil and Cruise were on motorcycles. Cruise again did his own stunt of driving against traffic around that famous loop.
-Ethan Hunt dream sequence of all the cops dying and coming up with a new plan.

Mission Impossible made the right call with fighting Warner Brothers about Cavil's mustache. This movie was 10x better than Justice League, and that mustache was great. Cavil looked amazing holding that machine gun while shooting out at Cruise. That entire helicopter sequence was amazing, and again, Cruise did some of his own flying. The laws of time didn't apply to them during the dogfight, but it didn't really matter.

Rebecca Ferguson is amazing. She filmed this movie pregnant. Was 7 months when the filming ended.

Not everything is roses though. I do have some complaints about the film:
-THREE different times in the span of 20 minutes Ethan drives full speed through a busy intersection and crosses through with perfect timing, while the ones following do not. This can only be used once in a movie
-THREE different times Ethan is heading straight into goons. Looks to the left, goons. Right, more goons, Behind him, even more goons. Looks in a 5th direction...FREEDOM. Gets out.
-Mission Impossible: Fallout, more like Mission Impossible: Fakeout. Sooo many reveals. I saw the movie with a friend and we figured out most reveals before they happened.
---Wolf Blitzer - obviously the bomb didn't go off. How did they even find that guy for Simon Pegg to hit with his car? Wasn't he in hiding?
---As soon as Cavil went to his boss with the fake phone it was obvious he was Lark
---Of course Simon Pegg was Lane left in that room
---Nuclear blast...jkjkjk, it's the sun. No duh.
-I'm hesitant to call them plot holes, because maybe I am just dumb, but there seemed to be large gaps in information. Like I said above about the bomb maker, how did they find him? How did they get the bracelet ID of "Lark" at the party? How did Cavil end up with the other 2 bombs? Cavil slowly walked to the helicopter while Cruise ran after him, how did Lane get onto the helicopter, where was he the whole time?

Mentioned above, but Cruise broke his ankle in this movie and halted production. The insurance company had to pay out $70 MILLION for it. If we get another MI movie, it might not be Cruise doing all those stunts.
bennyschup

Postby bennyschup » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 am

"How did they get the bracelet ID of "Lark" at the party?"

I'm pretty sure they explained this. I think that the bracelet IDs were generic ones and not specifically for individuals since it was really a fundraiser thing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:01 am

bennyschup wrote:"How did they get the bracelet ID of "Lark" at the party?"

I'm pretty sure they explained this. I think that the bracelet IDs were generic ones and not specifically for individuals since it was really a fundraiser thing.

But..but...they used the ID to track the Asain guy. They knew that ID was registered to fake Lark somehow.
bennyschup

Postby bennyschup » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:14 am

Tyler wrote:
bennyschup wrote:"How did they get the bracelet ID of "Lark" at the party?"

But..but...they used the ID to track the Asain guy. They knew that ID was registered to fake Lark somehow.
Hmm. They must have gotten from the bomb guy's phone when they tricked him into unlocking it?

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Ah, good call. Let's assume it was on that phone.

Okay, how did they get bomb guy? He was just casually out and about?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:30 am

Been seeing some stuff in the news this week. This movie deserves so much credit for going to places to fill and not just using green screen. Marvel movies are almost all green screen back drops, they actually went to cliffs to film this stuff. Cruise really filmed that skydive scene, they only CGI'ed the clouds in
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Tested podcast is talking about a behind the scenes clip of the HALO stunt. I need to find that
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 am

Tyler wrote:Tested podcast is talking about a behind the scenes clip of the HALO stunt. I need to find that
Found it. I want to see the movie again knowing all of these stunts were so real.

https://youtu.be/2BnOebsDtAQ
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Saw it early this week. Best movie ever! I mostly agre with what glass said un his review. The chase sense were just awsome. It really didnt seem like a movie that lasted over 2 hrs.

I heard the stunts were mostly done live before glass mentioned it, since Tom broke his arm in one of them.

Also very good point about the trailer. the movie was completely not what I was thinking it would be.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 pm

*broke his ankle. I don't think he broke his arm
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:05 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post *broke his ankle. I don't think he broke his arm

u are correct with ankle... the sence would look like a broken arm before ankle.

Return to “Movies”