Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 pm

wags83 wrote:Sounds like you got a lemon.
Nah, the reviews said you would never get the full 24 hours. But I need at least all waking hours
Tyler
Owner

Re: Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Battery only lasted like 14-15 hours today, and that was after it turned on battery saving mode around hour 12. Hopefully it gets better after another full charge.

I currently have the low powered watch face on all the time. Turning that off so it only shows when I left my arm will increase it by a little bit, but I would rather not do that.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:59 pm

I'm the worst. Traded it in and got my 3rd one in a week. I'm living with this one assuming battery life levels out after a week of use. This is a male sports one. Does heart rate. Image
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:20 am

Very happy with the 3rd watch I ended up getting. I haven't fully figured out heart rate stuff, but that's fine. Battery life is night and day difference compared to the previous one.

Price is back to $275 and I got it for $150. Pretty happy about that. My only complaint is that there are some tiny scratches on the bezel already from me knocking it against things things because I'm not use to wearing such a bulky watch. That was bound to happen though.
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:13 pm

I ordered the ticwatch on Amazon today. $108 figured it was worth a shot. If it's decent with notifications I will be happy about I will finally start using reminders more often

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:49 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I ordered the ticwatch on Amazon today. $108 figured it was worth a shot. If it's decent with notifications I will be happy about I will finally start using reminders more often

Good buy. If I hadn't just bought (three) Fossil smart watches in less than a week I would have given that one a shot. I read an article earlier this week about that one and how highly recommended it was.
ejhartman91

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:50 pm

This may be my next smarch. I currently have a Huawei watch (gen 1) and Moto 360 sport. The one thing I wish I had that these don't is NFC.
Tyler wrote:Of course this came out today...
link

$250 and 30 day battery

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post The one thing I wish I had that these don't is NFC.

I have never used NFC on a phone before, a watch not having it doesn't matter at all to me.
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 am

Tyler wrote:
ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post The one thing I wish I had that these don't is NFC.

I have never used NFC on a phone before, a watch not having it doesn't matter at all to me.
Android pay is so awesome whenever you can use it! I don't think the tic watch has NFC either but I was partially holding out for one that did. Figured $100 was worth having to use my phone for andoid pay

bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:44 pm

I have a feeling durability will be an issue with this. But it is very light and comfortable. I'll have to find a watch face I like, and hopefully the notifications are acceptable
IMG_20180718_214147.jpeg
IMG_20180718_214147.jpeg (48.58 KiB) Viewed 484 times

Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:12 am

I like it. Fits you well and that screen is massive.

Why are you worry about durability?
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Tyler wrote:I like it. Fits you well and that screen is massive.

Why are you worry about durability?
It feels like plastic and it's extremely light. Just feels like it will break if I ever bump into something.

I do like it though and because it's so light it doesn't bother me much. I might even be able to golf with it on

Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:13 pm

After my factory refresh (because I'm dumb) this morning, I decided to look into new faces. Didn't want FOSSIL to be on it. Found this appafter reading some good recommendations.
bmyoungs

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Tyler wrote:After my factory refresh (because I'm dumb) this morning, I decided to look into new faces. Didn't want FOSSIL to be on it. Found this appafter reading some good recommendations.
I'll try it out. I used facer to edit one of the premade watch faces and I like it. If you want to with facer you can make your own watch face exactly how you want. I didn't want to spend that much time

purple_hayes

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby purple_hayes » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:17 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I ordered the ticwatch on Amazon today. $108 figured it was worth a shot. If it's decent with notifications I will be happy about I will finally start using reminders more often

Which Ticwatch did you get? My Moto 360 Sport is not staying connected to my phone, so I was look at the Ticwatch Pro to replace it. Seems to have all the same features plus the added bonus of a battery that can last 30 days. Wondering how you liked yours...
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:30 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Which Ticwatch did you get? My Moto 360 Sport is not staying connected to my phone, so I was look at the Ticwatch Pro to replace it. Seems to have all the same features plus the added bonus of a battery that can last 30 days. Wondering how you liked yours...

Ahh. I remember this one now. It came out the day I bought my Fossil. The 30 day battery is very misleading, that is basically if you disable all of the smart features, right? Looks like 5 days is possible if you have it toggle between smart and dumb.
purple_hayes

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby purple_hayes » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Which Ticwatch did you get? My Moto 360 Sport is not staying connected to my phone, so I was look at the Ticwatch Pro to replace it. Seems to have all the same features plus the added bonus of a battery that can last 30 days. Wondering how you liked yours...

Ahh. I remember this one now. It came out the day I bought my Fossil. The 30 day battery is very misleading, that is basically if you disable all of the smart features, right? Looks like 5 days is possible if you have it toggle between smart and dumb.

Yeah, it was launched on Prime Day, it looks like. yeah, the website says it can get as much as 5 days on regular mode, I'm guessing if you shut off all the stuff and use very little smart options, you can squeeze out 5 days... in the video of the watch in action, the guy uses the watch toggling between the two modes. I like the size and the features of the watch. I've not heard of anyone using or owning one. So I was wondering how they worked. the reviews on Amazon have been good, so far.
Tyler
Owner

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:44 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post the reviews on Amazon have been good, so far.

Agreed. Looks like a great buy. But for $250 you should wait to see if Pixel does anything in the next couple of months.
purple_hayes

Smarch (Smart Watch)

Postby purple_hayes » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Tyler wrote:
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post the reviews on Amazon have been good, so far.

Agreed. Looks like a great buy. But for $250 you should wait to see if Pixel does anything in the next couple of months.
I may not have a choice, I did a reset on my watch and now it won't connect to my phone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:49 pm

Well crap, what idiot told you to try that?

Return to “Off Topic”