Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

The Terror - Season 2 - Infamy

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:23 am

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:55 am

"Set during World War II, the second season of The Terror centers on a series of bizarre deaths that haunt a Japanese-American community, and a young man's journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible."
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:02 pm

August 12th!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 am

I think this starts next week? Wilkins and I will be watching weekly and discussing here.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:05 am

So, I never watched trailers, but as soon as I saw it was 1941 and called 'Infamy', I was like, oh shit, Japanese internment camps after Pearl Harbor. Nailed it.

They jumped RIGHT into the supernatural stuff with this one. Good world building to begin right away. I remember the first season having a boring ep1 and 2, so this was a nice change of pace.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:49 am

Is this a Sunday night show then? I'll try to watch this week.

Glad to hear it doesn't start slow.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:52 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Is this a Sunday night show then? I'll try to watch this week.

Glad to hear it doesn't start slow.

I guess it's a Monday show, but I streamed it early yesterday I guess?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:28 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post So, I never watched trailers, but as soon as I saw it was 1941 and called 'Infamy', I was like, oh shit, Japanese internment camps after Pearl Harbor. Nailed it.

They jumped RIGHT into the supernatural stuff with this one. Good world building to begin right away. I remember the first season having a boring ep1 and 2, so this was a nice change of pace.

I agree that this season starts a lot spookier. I was waiting for The Terror's s01e01 to get creepy, but it was just a tease. This was for sure unsettling for a number of reasons.

From what I gathered. Chester is Japanese-American living on some little island. Classic identity story. Am I american or Japanese. Knocks up a white girl and is trying to hide it by having her take medicine from an old world medicine woman. The old lady kills herself and spooky stuff happens. Oh btw, Pearl Harbor, we are taking your dad because he is not an American citizen. Chester decides he doesn't want the abortion, but the white gal doesnt think she knows Chester enough to have a baby with him.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:13 pm

s02e02
I admit I know almost nothing about the Japanese internment camps, so that is the most interesting part of the show for me so far. I can't believe in such recent time the government did that to official US citizens. That is more terrifying than the Yuko monster.

I thought the episode was fine. I don't think the acting is nearly as good as s01, so some of it is losing my attention. The internet really disliked this episode from what I could saw. I'm not negative on it, but I am hoping things shift gears a bit.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:54 pm

s02e03

Crazy stuff happened. Poor blind guy, as if he didn't have it bad enough. It seems that he maybe raped Yuko (sp) and that is why she is haunting him? What does Chester have to do with that though?

"I won't see any combat"
*The Gang Sees Combat*
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:11 am

s02e04
I am still just meh about this season, but this was probably the strongest episode. The death pit, birth scene, haunted captain, etc.

I did not think she would have twins and that both would die. That was horrible.

The flamethrower stuff was crazy, but also very dumb. Chester survived without a scratch but everyone else was burned to death? Did a ghost protect him? Was the captain actually haunted or just brainwashed?

Jocelyn caught a bit of this episode and was upset I was watching a history drama about internment camps without her. Then I told her spirits are haunting everyone and she was glad she isn't watching.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:53 am

s02e05
Shit got real at the end there for Chester! His friend is dead and the evil spirit is on top of him. The season is only halfway over, so the spirit can't kill him or anything. I think the spirit will end up being good. It was mad last week when the babies were killed and Chester has avoided death twice now in 2 weeks, whereas his fellow soldiers are being killed.

Chester's baby mama is not in good shape. Poor girl.

I really liked the stuff between Chester and the POW. I thought that was the best part of the episode and liked how the POW got his honorable death and Chester's commander didn't punish him for it.

The show is starting to hook me more for sure.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:30 am

s02e06

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I think the spirit will end up being good.

Lol. JK JK JK. Straight up evil ghost of Chester's dead mom

Best episode of the season I think. The stuff with Yuko in hell was so unsettling and spooky. Legit scary at times.

I wasn't really that surprised by the reveal of Chester being the son of Yuko. That has been a popular Reddit theory since Chester's "mom" couldnt remember things like his birth. Chester was a real meanie to his "dad" Dude raised you all your life. He is your dad.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:58 am

s02e07
I'm watching this show for Wilkins and he isnt even watching now!

I very much disliked her patched together skin. I couldn't eat my chips and salsa during that bit. Gross

How does Chester have a sibling? We didn't see Yuko with 2 kids. She couldn't have had a kid before Chester or after she killed herself. Must be a twin, which means the flashback lied to us, and why wouldn't Yoku's sister adopt both kids?

The standoff between the commander and the guy wanting the ambulances was the only engaging thing about this episode. Chester's love life is not very interesting to me and rather boring.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:29 pm

I'm on episode 5! We got through 20 minutes last night, before we both were falling asleep (due to margaritas, not it being boring).
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Terror - Season 2 - Infamy

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:43 pm

I quit. This is not good.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:03 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I quit. This is not good.

Yup.

Return to “Shows”