Where the babies at?

Talk about anything.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Salvo, how is Adeline doing? How old is she now?

Jayson, how is Hudson? Just over 1 month now. Getting any sleep at all with your 14 kids in the house?

Sarah, how is your pregnancy going? How far are we away from meeting BJ (Bradley Jr)?
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3666
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Mini me is due October 13. Doing well so far.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
User avatar
goldenrod
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:46 pm
Location: sioux falls SD
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby goldenrod » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Lol glass, Hudson is great he is 5 weeks old and weighs 11 lbs 4 ozs and is 22 inches long. He sleeps very good at night and has been very easy to deal with. He is a calm baby. He was super good on our drive to Memphis. We hardly had to stop due to him. Also thankfully I only have 5 kids.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:10 pm

goldenrod wrote:Lol glass, Hudson is great he is 5 weeks old and weighs 11 lbs 4 ozs and is 22 inches long. He sleeps very good at night and has been very easy to deal with. He is a calm baby. He was super good on our drive to Memphis. We hardly had to stop due to him. Also thankfully I only have 5 kids.

His temperament sounds like Evie. Is he the easiest baby either of you have had? Is 11 lb on the heavy side for 5 weeks. Evie is so small (and a girl) so I have no idea what an "average" baby boy is.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:11 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Mini me is due October 13. Doing well so far.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is going to be here in no time! I'm a bad friend for not knowing this, what is Sarah's work/school balance now? How will maternity leave work with all of this
User avatar
goldenrod
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:46 pm
Location: sioux falls SD
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby goldenrod » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:13 pm

He had an appointment today and he is in the 75 percentile for length, weight, an head size. He is way off the charts on ball and pecker size. It's like we finally have a horse around our house. I would say yes to easiest for me so far but you never know because things can change.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:20 pm

:clap:
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3666
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:08 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Mini me is due October 13. Doing well so far.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is going to be here in no time! I'm a bad friend for not knowing this, what is Sarah's work/school balance now? How will maternity leave work with all of this

I forgive you. She's doing well with work and school, starting to work from home more often. She's planning on taking about 8-10 weeks off deepening on where her PTO is come baby time. I will still be working while she is on leave and then I will be off once the golf season is over.

Also he is only average in size which is awesome given he could have been massive like me.
User avatar
Sarah
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:36 pm
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby Sarah » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:25 am

bmyoungs wrote:
Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Mini me is due October 13. Doing well so far.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is going to be here in no time! I'm a bad friend for not knowing this, what is Sarah's work/school balance now? How will maternity leave work with all of this

I forgive you. She's doing well with work and school, starting to work from home more often. She's planning on taking about 8-10 weeks off deepening on where her PTO is come baby time. I will still be working while she is on leave and then I will be off once the golf season is over.

Also he is only average in size which is awesome given he could have been massive like me.

Yeah here's hoping he stays entirely average till he gets out. He gave me gestational diabetes which was a bit rude but also increases the risk of him being a giant so reeaaalllllly grateful the little guy is average size so far.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:34 am

I can speak with 100% certainty from my own experience that baby's size comes from the dad's family, so you are doomed.
Brad, how big were you when you were born?
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3666
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Tyler wrote:I can speak with 100% certainty from my own experience that baby's size comes from the dad's family, so you are doomed.
Brad, how big were you when you were born?

I was 9lb 8oz and 22" long. I was also 2 weeks late.
User avatar
Sarah
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:36 pm
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby Sarah » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:05 pm

bmyoungs wrote:
Tyler wrote:I can speak with 100% certainty from my own experience that baby's size comes from the dad's family, so you are doomed.
Brad, how big were you when you were born?

I was 9lb 8oz and 22" long. I was also 2 weeks late.

Yeah I don't need diabetes to make the baby any bigger.... He's gonna be huge no matter what so we're really just managing the inevitable at this point so he doesn't come out like this:

Image
User avatar
itscsalvo
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:31 am
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby itscsalvo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:05 pm

Adeline is doing well. 7 weeks old, well over 10 lbs at this point, and getting chunkier every day. Working on bottles, pacifiers, sleeping through the night, and calculus.
User avatar
JocelynJane
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 pm
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby JocelynJane » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:20 am

I was 10 lbs 3 oz when I was born, so I was pretty sure an elephant child was going to come out of me in the most unpleasant of ways. Thank goodness I married a little dude. My good friend and I had babies like 10 days apart and they both weighed a little over 6 pounds. Her husband is a big guy, though. It has been funny to see genetics kick in, because she now has probably a good 8-10 pounds on Evie.

Seeing all these babies/soon to be babies gives me the warm and fuzzies.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:54 pm

Sarah, what's the plan? You said today is your due date, have they talked about scheduling an induction or going to wait?


I was going to ask more. But nevermind.
Image
User avatar
Sarah
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:36 pm
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby Sarah » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:24 am

I wish you could teach my mom how to google what is and is not appropriate to ask pregnant ladies lol!

I was 40 weeks on Thursday, since my blood sugar has been good (gestational diabetes) and baby is at about 7lbs 13oz we got the ok to wait up to 42 weeks if we want.... For reasons that may or may not be related to dilation we don't think he'll wait that long to get here. Scheduled induction for 10/20 regardless.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:45 am

That's exciting! Do you you have your go bag packed and the birthing plan printed off?

(I'm kidding about the birthing plan, unless you have one. During our one birthing class the lady talked all day about how important the birthing plan is but we thought that was silly. )
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:57 am

I want to elaborate. Obviously we had a general plan for what we wanted to happen. But there was a younger future mom there (late teens?) that wanted all of these crazy things in her printed out birth plan. They included:
No C section, no matter what. Even if there was an emergency
No pain killers, no matter what.
No Episiotomy
Lemon sorbet ice cream to be kept in the staff freezer.
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3666
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:04 am

Tyler wrote:I want to elaborate. Obviously we had a general plan for what we wanted to happen. But there was a younger future mom there (late teens?) that wanted all of these crazy things in her printed out birth plan. They included:
No C section, no matter what. Even if there was an emergency
No pain killers, no matter what.
No Episiotomy
Lemon sorbet ice cream to be kept in the staff freezer.

We have a plan on how we will tackle things if they happen. Obviously we want everything to be perfect, but we aren't stupid and assume that will happen.

The delivery nurse who taught our class said its great to have a plan but be ready to throw it out the window. If a c section needs to happen it will, if Sarah can't go without an epidural she will get it.
User avatar
JocelynJane
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 pm
Contact:

Where the babies at?

Postby JocelynJane » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:23 am

If you happen to be in labor for two days prior to actually giving birth... go for the epidural, girl! It is not fun.

Just kidding! My friend who is a nurse on the mommy/baby floor (alyson.stark on here... she never posts!) once told me that they joke that a really hardcore birth plan is a ticket for an emergency c section. I think every woman just has to do what is right for them! Everyone is different... but in the end, the outcome is hopefully the same. Healthy baby and mom!

Good luck! :)

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest